Innovative Marine Aquariums

20xL mixed rimless - SELLING?

d9hp

I didn't know you were packin heat!

can't wait till friday!

One more day!

I thought it was a pistol shrimp for some reason. Your dog is pissed at you... lol! Where did you order from?

My dog WAS pissed at me. No idea why though! Blue Zoo aquatics. Box was picked up less than hour ago.

Nice Bro! I really want to get a porcelain crab as well.

On a side note, have you been to any ranges around here? Recommendations?

Yeah I'm excited about this one...I really like them.

Personal Defense and Handgun Safety Center. It's literally a couple blocks from Down Under too so you can do both in one day. I've done it a few times! Makes for an awesome outing. :D

I don't shoot at ranges too often as I have a friend with a farm within 30 minutes. I haven't been out in a few months though because of school.

Tank looks great! You have done an awesome job with the setup

Thanks Latte..your tank was certainly an inspiration as was your 20L thread.

you need more fish

:P

haha yeah right!!

I like this one on Tryon Rd.....http://www.pdhsc.com/

You like the one I like!

Box is on the way!

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not here.

5476847632_41cc0e3c9a_b.jpg

Not thrilled. It's been on the truck for 3 hours now so hopefully I don't have to wait until like 4 or 5 tonight...I just don't know how adversely the livestock is affected by being jostled around on a huge truck all day.

I'm really worried about the star and shrimp.

Called and they have no idea when it will arrive other than "sometime today" so essentially I am stuck waiting at the house until the truck shows. I can't even take a shower!

That ####ing blows man!!!

I know I see alot of people bash them but I have had best luck with USPS overnight express. I know you prob did not have a choice .

i know the feeling -- I was actually going via local post -- expedited delivery -- had to file a complaint because they were never coming to the house -- just saying (on tracking info online) they showed up early in the morning, and that no one was home so product is now in postal facility for pick up 'later in the day'... they didn't know I was waiting at the door ready on command smelling like yesterday...

fedex will be more reliable... but drip those suckers 'all day' thats for sure!

Order sounds cool, some sites allow pick up from the local parcel so you can have control of having it first thing, instead of risking it being on the truck all day. My UPS and Fed-Ex guys come a 4 or 5 so its always nerve-racking with door drop off.

That ####ing blows man!!!

I know I see alot of people bash them but I have had best luck with USPS overnight express. I know you prob did not have a choice .

Box got in a little after 2PM.

No DOAs!

i know the feeling -- I was actually going via local post -- expedited delivery -- had to file a complaint because they were never coming to the house -- just saying (on tracking info online) they showed up early in the morning, and that no one was home so product is now in postal facility for pick up 'later in the day'... they didn't know I was waiting at the door ready on command smelling like yesterday...

fedex will be more reliable... but drip those suckers 'all day' thats for sure!

I looked out the front door like at least 30 times today. My dog was so confused haha

Order sounds cool, some sites allow pick up from the local parcel so you can have control of having it first thing, instead of risking it being on the truck all day. My UPS and Fed-Ex guys come a 4 or 5 so its always nerve-racking with door drop off.

Yeah I figured the "guaranteed" delivery by 10:30AM actually meant something next time I do this I'll just be sure to go pick it up.

patience young grasshopper

Haha I was having some trouble finding some today.

The anthias is absolutely beautiful. Definitely still one of my favorite fish of all time. The one they sent wasn't quite as small as I was hoping it would be but it's definitely not too big for this tank. It had absolutely no color when it arrived and had me a little worried but once it calmed down and wasn't so stressed out it got all it's color.

The porcelain crab is tiny but still pretty cool. The starfish is beautiful but I am worried about it long term after reading a lot of depressing experience. I believe I'm going to take it to a buddy's 300g reef and see if he can do something with it.

Despite the frustration with FedEx today I have nothing but good things to say about Blue Zoo. Fantastic packaging and really above what I was expecting. Everything was triple bagged and had no free room to splash around. I will do business with this company again. I think I want a tank with 400 anthias :D

Pictures when everyone gets settled in the next few days.

I looked out the front door like at least 30 times today. My dog was so confused haha

I've been there!!!!!!

No DOAs!

Yeah I figured the "guaranteed" delivery by 10:30AM actually meant something next time I do this I'll just be sure to go pick it up.

Haha I was having some trouble finding some today.

The anthias is absolutely beautiful. Definitely still one of my favorite fish of all time. The one they sent wasn't quite as small as I was hoping it would be but it's definitely not too big for this tank. It had absolutely no color when it arrived and had me a little worried but once it calmed down and wasn't so stressed out it got all it's color.

The porcelain crab is tiny but still pretty cool. The starfish is beautiful but I am worried about it long term after reading a lot of depressing experience. I believe I'm going to take it to a buddy's 300g reef and see if he can do something with it.

Despite the frustration with FedEx today I have nothing but good things to say about Blue Zoo. Fantastic packaging and really above what I was expecting. Everything was triple bagged and had no free room to splash around. I will do business with this company again. I think I want a tank with 400 anthias :D

Pictures when everyone gets settled in the next few days.

Awesome on no DOA's. Blue Zoo is local to me. Good to know they are a good store. I don't think they allow walk ins, but they do allow pick up. The public demands pics!

Box got in a little after 2PM.

No DOAs!

is this your kona? what kind of dog?

looking forward to some pictures!

I've been there!!!!!!

Awesome on no DOA's. Blue Zoo is local to me. Good to know they are a good store. I don't think they allow walk ins, but they do allow pick up. The public demands pics!

I'd give them a shot then. There prices were reasonable and they had a lot in stock. The sizes weren't exactly what I had expected but I'm not too upset. I honestly wish I had gotten 4 of these little cleaners. It's seriously like <.5" long total. Insanely tiny.

The porcelain crab is REALLY small too, but still pretty.

is this your kona? what kind of dog?

looking forward to some pictures!

Indeed. Kona the german shepherd. There's a few pictures of him in this thread already...(top of page 12)

You got the box a little after 2pm YESTERDAY!!!! and still no pics

I took these real quick last night and forgot to dim the blue LED strand beforehand so they're all pretty terrible pictures (all washed out).

But it is at least proof! The anthias is really really shy so hopefully I'll get to take another look this afternoon. I did see her grab a pellet of new life spectrum though, so hopefully she'll get eating soon. All the parts for the feeder came in as well so I need to get that built later this week and get some food in there for her 4-6x a day.

I haven't named her yet but she looks like a BIC brite highlighter. No joke.

5479387932_1e24a32d47_z.jpg

I was really worried about this guy cruising around the top of the tank but this morning he was down on some rocks so hopefully he gets settled in fine. I think I'll give him a few weeks before thinking about giving him to someone with a much larger tank.

5478787281_52dec4bf94.jpg

This thing is so small and so hard to photograph but this at least shows how my purple cap recovered and how the torch is exploding. No idea for a name on this guy. No, I won't name him Napoleon.

5478787365_f7d03db926_z.jpg

Sorry these pictures blow I'll try and get some better ones tonight after this project.

awesome pics ! that anthia looks so cool! I've seen a few (pics) and I didn't like them -- maybe cause this is smaller and less 'fish' looking.. lol

feeding 4-5x a day?

Sweet :D

Yes!

awesome pics ! that anthia looks so cool! I've seen a few (pics) and I didn't like them -- maybe cause this is smaller and less 'fish' looking.. lol

feeding 4-5x a day?

Thanks man. They apparently require lots of feedings due to a high metabolism but I've heard plenty of people only feeding once a day. I don't mind it gives me a reason to really monitor the tank.

Cool additions man.

Thanks man. I really enjoyed the online experience it definitely was stressful though.

I absolutely love this fish. I'm definitely going to be using "Feed Mode" on my controller though it is incredibly scared of getting out in the open right now and darts away when I approach the tank.

5480020571_d7acdde742.jpg

5480622260_f4ca8fa9d8_b.jpg

This one shows the cap's recovery and the birdsnest growth since I got it.

5480621556_83c4360f13_z.jpg

This is when I got it:

5111532121_b06c11e897.jpg

looking great! What fish is that?

It's a small female lyretail anthias. It's going to have to get moved within a year due to size most likely but I have to tear this tank down anyways. It will go to my buddy's 250g SPS reef then. It's a beautiful fish but it's very shy and timid right now. Hopefully it gets more and more comfortable.

Beautiful :o

Great additions D!

I keep debating about getting anthias. I have passed them up a few times. Mostly because I have not been able to find smaller ones.

The star is cool too. I had one in my BC29 and did great and then one day just gone?

Archived