Pod Your Reef

LOL! How did THIS happen?!?

Carinya

So my 3g Eclipse is filled with rock that had been in my 29g. The rock sat outside in an uncovered rubbermaid container over the ENTIRE Wisconsin winter. Dead, right? You'd think.

If all I've added are two mushrooms, two snails, four hermits and some dead (bagged) gravel, how come I just saw a good-sized bristle worm poking out of a rock? LOL!! How the heck does THAT happen?

Resiliant little things, huh?

I love this hobby.

Carinya

Awesome. Even though I live in Cali, over the winter I had to switch tanks and after like a couple weeks of being outside, I checked some sand I had, and there was a nassarious snail alive and kicking. I was like, wow. Cool.

perhaps it came in off the mushroom rock? orrrrrr Cryogenic freezing? heheh some of them worms can take a real beating.

Annelidida Timex species?

The mushrooms were floaters, unattached at the bottom of the LFS tank. Cheaper that way. :) Plus since they spread like mad, why pay more? Saw some pretty ones on the bottom & they sell 'em for $3 apiece. I was like "Mine! Mine!"

Thinking back on it, I DID get a small (tablespoon or two) scoop of live sand/grunge from the LFS to kick-start my culture. Coulda been in there.

But I prefer to think of it as the Austin Powers of bristleworms.

C

If it really did survive and not come from the LFS gravel, then that is something.

Bristle worms are generally beneficial.

98% of them are fine.

Large ones are fine too. I have seen tanks with big bristle worms and the owners said all is fine.

NaNO ReeFiN
Originally posted by Carinya

Thinking back on it, I DID get a small (tablespoon or two) scoop of live sand/grunge from the LFS to kick-start my culture.  Coulda been in there.

Haha, Hhmm... I wonder... nah... it couldn't be... could it..? ;)

Archived