Coral Vue Hydros

ten gallon reef PICS!

mantisman379

mantisman379

Hi! this is my first tank thread! Well first let me tell u all alittle bit about myself. I am a teenager but i am very into and devoted to this hobby, and im always trying to learn new things. my hobbies are drumming bmxing and of course aquariums! Before reefing i mostly had many FW tanks with discus angels and breed some angels etc. then i came over to SW which i love more, besides the cost.

So here i am! i started my tank in the winter but never got around to making this thread, i also just tore down my tank.

My tank consists of...

35 lbs live sand

?? lbs live rock, some tufa rock too

1 emerald crab

1 green hermit

1 blue/brown ricordia

1 star polyp coral

xenia coming soon

Im going to either get a mantis shrimp, or

a purple firefish

a yellow tail damsel

blood red fire shrimp

some sexy anemone shrimp

My equipment:

Odyssea refugium With protein skimmer moded with stand and maxi jet, pics later

Current 18 T5 HO 50/50

Koralia nano

Stealth heater 100 W

Right now i just got a ricordia and the star polyp, but ill be getting a lot more corals once i purchase a powerbrite led system, Im going to get two 10K fixtures and one actnic blue fixture.

the picture is not current

post-53844-1281137968_thumb.jpg

mantisman379

More pictures

added sand

i added live rock

my new supplies!

yeah

my Odyssea fuge/protein skimmer

It wasn't broken!

the instructions..... :huh:

I tested the fuge on the front of the tank first

-noah

post-53844-1281140240_thumb.jpg

post-53844-1281140383_thumb.jpg

post-53844-1281140544_thumb.jpg

post-53844-1281140627_thumb.jpg

post-53844-1281140833_thumb.jpg

post-53844-1281140898_thumb.jpg

post-53844-1281140957_thumb.jpg

post-53844-1281141062_thumb.jpg

post-53844-1281141195_thumb.jpg

post-53844-1281141244_thumb.jpg

mantisman379

Alright the corals are doing good but i need more light any comments questions concerns, advice? anything helps me!

mantisman379

Alright, i think im going to order a 72w odyssea light. even though odyssea kinda sucks. does anyone know anything about these fixtures?? Will a 72w get the job done? I'm not planning on keeping sps corals so yeah i know. here a link!odyssea fixtures

you will run out of atachment space very quikly at this rate, read this see if it makes sence.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=227845

you will probably get better responces if this is simply a reef tank by having a mod move it to the members forum. im not saying that you need to but this is a new forum with less traffic. if you posted the thread here because you are planing on having macros as a domant aspect of the tank. then yeah this is the spot.

to get people to post in your thread spend time in theirs. am is pretty good about checking threads.

read some of the info threads on here (lgren's fish guide, my sand thread, so on) before getting to much futher into the biuld & go slow.

oh & ask poeple questions about what their doing/why their doing it in their thread.

for advise on lights talk to evil or weetabix7 in the lighting forum.

Any thing to update. Hove you come closer to a stocking plan. Many on here have done sexy shrimp tanks so there should be plenty of info on this. Many will be in the pico forum.

Archived