Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Need help to ID these

LOU

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me what this green stony coral is? It doenst seem to have any polyps, just a layer of green membrane...

mysterycoral.jpg

and what is this anemonie looking thing? it lives in the middle of my candycane, green tentacles with purple tips. they live in a expanding tube shape skeleton, similar to a featherduster.

candycane.jpg

Thanks, by the way, this is my tank so far

reef.jpg

Thanks kennerd,

The pics are in yahoobriefcase, the link worked yesterday but somehow it wont show up anymore, anyways,...

to give you more descriptions, the hydnophora is about 5 inches tall, each branch is about 1/2 inch thick, there are striation marks, seems like someone scraped it like a sculpture, with very thin flourescent green membrane.

is this hydnophora easy to maintain the colors? are they fast growers?

They mojano/tulip is dark flourescent green with purple tip tentacles, there are about 25 tentacles in a group, about 1/2mm in thickness, the legnth of them is about 1/2 inch, maybe a bit more. the surrounding candycane has a necrosis zone around it, around 1/4inch in width. Hope this help. The thing is so pretty i dont want to remove it...but should i?

thanks

Tulip anemone in second picture. They don't dammage anything AFAIK, and are kinda nice to look at. They do produce readily , though... so be aware of that.

Archived