Cultivated Reef

pazhope's 10G rimless + DIY LED lamp & driver

pazhope

the driver I know how wire the leds

also can you see the mangrove pic in my sig?

Nope, I have been following your threat, but the pic is not in your signature anymore..

The driver I used was a mod from the instructable I post above, the actual diagram is like this:

Screen%20shot%202010-09-05%20at%2011.55.26%20AM.png

Where:

R1: small (1/4 watt) approximately 100k-ohm resistor (such as: Yageo CFR-25JB series)

R3: large (1 watt+) 0.75 ohms current set resistor. (a good 2-watt choice is: Panasonic ERX-2SJR series)

Q2: large (TO-220 package) N-channel logic-level FET (such as: Fairchild FQP50N06L)

Q1: small (TO-92 package) NPN transistor (such as: Fairchild 2N5088BU)

The PWM you can use an arduino board, or make your own. I make my own with a 555 chip, but is just a temporal fix until I get my arduino.

Well is hard to take pics of the leds, specially if you don't have the skills and camera, so bare with me and try to imagine how it really looks.

CIMG8634.JPG

CIMG8649.JPG

CIMG8662.JPG

This last one was taken with the blue leds only and the white balance is adjusted to the sand so it looks white but you get the idea of the color pop.

CIMG8671.JPG

That is looking very good. You have it all stocked up already, I'm envious. Those red zoo's are killer, I'm going to have to get a frag of those from you also.

I don't see the yellow tang??? :P

That is looking very good. You have it all stocked up already, I'm envious. Those red zoo's are killer, I'm going to have to get a frag of those from you also.

I don't see the yellow tang??? :P

The tang you gave me is a little camera shy, he and the blue tang are hiding behind the rock :P

just kidding, I think he is happy on the 90G, is the only big fish I have....

CIMG8680.JPG

CIMG8682.JPG

About those zoas I think we can arrange something, not sure on their name, but they look great...

Wow, I missed this whole thead till now. Looking really great. Tank is making some fast progress.

Yup, some luck bring me tons of cool corals, and I think they like your LEDs. This little guy was mean to have only softies, so I think I may add some more leds and make it a little bigger :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have been super busy , but just took some quick pics.

CIMG8771.JPG

CIMG8774.JPG

CIMG8782.JPG

The zoas on the front grow a really nice macro algae , I think they came like that and it develop more in my tank because I don't have filtration.

Archived