SaltCritters.com

29 gallon reef tank pics

JSferra5224

i have just started to add corals to my 29 gallon reef tank and was wonderin if any one had any pics of thier 29gal. if so i would love to see them.

I'm not sure about the hood i think it's from champion lighting... i got it from a LFS. I bet you've been there Bamann/ Marine Fish in Roswell. Thanks for the compliments! James

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some more pics of my tank:

I'm using a CPR CS50 overflow:

overflow.jpeg

An AquaC Urchin skimmer:

skimmer.jpeg

I made the canopy myself. It's completely sealed with a small door on the side and some room in the back for a fan:

canopy.jpeg

Inside the canopy I have a 175 watt 10k halide with a 65 watt actinic supplement:

insidecanopy.jpeg

Here's a view of my entire setup. The sump is inside the box next to the tank b/c it woudn't fit in the stand:

entiresetup.jpeg

I'm in the process of making my first DIY stand. I took pictures at each step of building the stand so others can follow. You've also inspired me to work some more on my webpage dedicated to my tank. Hopefully I will finish it this weekend, but you can see some of the pics that I have up so far:

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/yodahart/

Reefer_Buddha

ive seen those at champion lighting. its a HQI Macro Hood. Nice setup and was something i was looking into until i saw krakerg's diy hood. Nice tank, one thing, id take the shrooms off the sand and put em up higher, they like as much light as possible.

I don't have too many pics of the overflow, but you can check out the CPR webite

http://www.cpraquatic.com/products/overflows.html

The only downside of these overflows is that you have to have a strong powerhead to keep it primed. I converted my maxi jet to a venturi style. If you have a strong powerhead then these overflows are really nice. Mine is pretty quiet. I also like the fishguard that it comes with. Although that doesn't stop coral from growing in there :happy: I've actually had GSP's and ricordia find there way to the overflow and grow inside of it.

--hth

Archived