Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sandcruiser's 3G Eclipse

sandcruiser

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no question that the damsel will be healthier in a larger tank, in the not-to-distant future

my plan is to upgrade to a 15g or 20g.

In the mean time, the damsel is tight on space, but at least there is a lot more water in the system than a typical 3g tank.

Not ideal. but not the worst-case either.

when they're young it may not be too small. people keep them around a year in tanks like this w/o problems. eventually they do get stunted and then problems develop but not if the owner move them out to a larger tank in time :) Its the same with other fish. you can have a stunted 2" swordtail in a 10 gal tank, but you can have one thrive in a 40 gal thats 2.5-4".
  • 1 year later...

fun to go back and look at this thread.... the tank is long since down, with stuff moved into the sump for several months, and mostly ignored, then into a 10g AIO, also mostly ignored. personal life took over, work-related travel, stuff.

I'll post up a new thread of the 10g, soon, once I get it looking not-terrible. That little 3g w/ the 7g sump worked great. It's inspiring me to do a better job with the 10g.

Hope you get it back up soon and post some pics... I want to check out your oversized fuge.

I have been thinking about adding a "reverse fuge" to my seven gallon tank, where I pump out of the

display and it would be gravity fed back to the display after it goes through the fuge (thinking a ten gallon).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived