Innovative Marine Aquariums

New find!!!

saltyFISHscales

saltyFISHscales

Can anyone help me out on this thing? I was checking out my zoo's and i noticed this guy wasn't a zoo. So i touched it and the soft body shrunk in and the hard body showed up like a candy coral or galaxy coral. same idea, but i have no idea what the heck it is. take a look at these pics...

saltyFISHscales

Ok, one more find! I was checking out my nano tank and noticed the damn rock has a mouth!? i thought it was a sponge of some type by the texture, but then i noticed this mouth thing on it. Does anyone know what this is? Is it a tunicate?

saltyFISHscales

Ok, one more find! I was checking out my nano tank and noticed the damn rock has a mouth!? i thought it was a sponge of some type by the texture, but then i noticed this mouth thing on it. Does anyone know what this is? Is it a tunicate?

It's no Aiptasia, pretty sure... At _first sight_ it might be a Galaxea or a Fungia but don't trust my ID... it is very difficult without a close shot while opened and closed...

Give it time to grow!

First of all you should check if has an hard skeleton... it's a good beginning for an ID

saltyFISHscales

Sorry, i know it's not an aptasia... that was my friend who signed on as me. But the tunicate looks like a butthole! As for taking a closer shot, I tried but my Sony wont focus when i zoom in. I have a Sony DSC P92, if anyone knows what settings to put it on let me know an i'll change them and take more closure shots tonight. It has a hard skeleton when i touch it, the soft body shrivels up in the skeleton like galaxy. Its not galaxy, the meat/flesh is like one solid piece. Blastmosa! That would be cool! :) Try to take a look at the old skeleton of a dead coral that it's growing on or might be apart of it... I got the colony of zoo's, and never noticed or figured out what its growing on. Kind of spiney and rock like with branches...

Archived