Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Frag Racks.... Where to get?

montipora

Ok so I have thinking about this for a while and have decided to turn my nano into a frag tank and am in the market for an actual frag rack, not the holders on the glass, but an actual rack that looks nice. And no I do not want to put any eggcrate in there for aesthetic reasons. Does anyone know where to get them? I have been looking online/searched the forums here and can't seem to come up with anything. There made out of acrylic and look fairly sleek and classy. Thanks for any help fellow reefers!

I have theses guys in my tank they get the job done nicely

http://www.frag-a-rack.com/catalog/

Thanks, but the link doesn't work for some reason.

Thanks everyone, I am now thinking about a main display rack and then some of the hanging ones for the glass. So many options, but I really appreciate all of the feedback. :)

Mag float, zip ties, and eggcrate is the way I go lol. But that one from Blacrockreef looks very nice. That sucker has like $1000 worth of frags on it. Look at all the purple hornets! Wish I could have that rack and frags :wub:

Mag float, zip ties, and eggcrate is the way I go lol. But that one from Blacrockreef looks very nice. That sucker has like $1000 worth of frags on it. Look at all the purple hornets! Wish I could have that rack and frags :wub:

Ya I was considering the cheaper route, but wanted it to look kinda cool as a display frag tank or something lol.

Reefmonster

I just made mine from eggcrate and coated magnets from K&J Magnets. Heck I got enough eggcrate to make 25 more if I wanted...and those magnets are the shiznit! Mine is 6" long and 3" wide holds a butt-load of frags and six magnets is more than enough. I got a 10 pack for 10 bucks, and I found a broken piece of eggcrate that Home depot GAVE me. Net cost with glue was about a $6.10

Can't beat that. Just be careful with the magnets and the tank glass is all...they will also pinch the hell outta you if not careful...

Good Luck!

YouKnowBlev
Here are some larger pics of the racks from www.theblueglow.com.

infinity1.jpg

infinitysideview.jpg

Those are nice and all but sediments and other things get "trapped" on top. I like the eggcrates because the stuff falls right through. I have the magnet type and have to blow it off every other day to keep it clear. Just another thing to think about.

schminksbro

I haven't found this to be an issue at all.

Those are nice and all but sediments and other things get "trapped" on top. I like the eggcrates because the stuff falls right through. I have the magnet type and have to blow it off every other day to keep it clear. Just another thing to think about.
YouKnowBlev
I haven't found this to be an issue at all.

It's what I ran into having a rack in my 30g cube. Maybe I wasn't getting enough flow up there. I just setup a 20L for my frag tank and did all eggcrate.

• 3 weeks later...

I took my mag float, cut some of my eggcrate up so the magfloat fits inside of it, then just stuck it to the glass with the outside magnet.

It's on the left:

4606957162_2f84c2ed10.jpg

4606957278_2101419ab9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived