Innovative Marine Aquariums

gutterguys breeder,beer and bbq

gutterguy

I have the same thing, mine isn't loud at all. Check out my build

Hey captain, I remember reading you thread a while back, nice set up. What is the gph on your Tunze, im not familiar with them. I am running a Deep Blue 1050gph and like i said in previious post since i dialed down its much better.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanks been running for about 24Hrs. I have the rock scaped, and corals placed. Im sure i will change around a little. Playing with MP20 a little trying to find out which setting i like. Right now its on reef crest at abouot 85%. I think im going to have to wait until corals are fully opened to get it dialed in.

IMAG0445.jpg

Set up BRS reactor and cleaned up my wires

IMAG0446.jpg

Now hopefully the micro bubbles will dissappear soon.

Tanks been up for 4 days I have been monitoring and dialing things in. So far everything looks pretty good. Overflow has quieted down, tank has cleared, and micro bubbles are less. Zoas, frogspawn, cloves and pavonia all look happy, acan is coming around. GSP has not opened at all yet but have read this is normal. All fish and cuc seem very happy. Also had way too much GFO and carbon in reactor and got that set right last night. Will be adding more sand to fuge later today.

Did a test this morning and heres the readings

Ph 7.8

Ammonia - 0

Nitrite - 0

Nitrate - 0

Mag - 1100

Alk .5 mEq/l

SG 1.026

Temp 78

I have kent m to bring up mag but how should i bring up Alk. Also to when should I start my water changes, should I wait for a small cycle or just start at a week.

Thanks

Have you actually cycled the tank before adding the livestock? Not sure cause you say it's only been up 4 days...what am I missing?

This was a tank transfer from my BC29. Used about 20gals of water, some sand down in the sump and some pieces of LR. plus all live stock

Tanks been up for 4 days I have been monitoring and dialing things in. So far everything looks pretty good. Overflow has quieted down, tank has cleared, and micro bubbles are less. Zoas, frogspawn, cloves and pavonia all look happy, acan is coming around. GSP has not opened at all yet but have read this is normal. All fish and cuc seem very happy. Also had way too much GFO and carbon in reactor and got that set right last night. Will be adding more sand to fuge later today.

Did a test this morning and heres the readings

Ph 7.8

Ammonia - 0

Nitrite - 0

Nitrate - 0

Mag - 1100

Alk .5 mEq/l

SG 1.026

Temp 78

I have kent m to bring up mag but how should i bring up Alk. Also to when should I start my water changes, should I wait for a small cycle or just start at a week.

Thanks

What salt are you using?? I would just go ahead and start doing water changes since you have livestock in there. It won;t hurt anything and it may bring your alk up.

What salt are you using?? I would just go ahead and start doing water changes since you have livestock in there. It won;t hurt anything and it may bring your alk up.

The old tank I was using regular Instant Ocean, for all the new water I used Reef Crystals

I use reef crystals as well and it keeps my alk. around 10 dkh with weekly water changes. Just do a few water changes and your alk. should be just fine. You could use a little 2 part if you calcium and akl. are a little low, but don't go crazy with it or you could overshoot your numbers and kill everything.

I preach against using buffers and such in tanks to obtain a certain pH.

This was a tank transfer from my BC29. Used about 20gals of water, some sand down in the sump and some pieces of LR. plus all live stock

Gotcha...you may see a cycle so I agree with starting water changes considering you've got livestock in there. I usually like to get a good cycle completed before adding livestock depending on the mix of new rock vs. cured existing rock. Looking good.

Picked this up yesterday at Petco, labled tank raised mis-bar $12.99

IMAG0450.jpg

IMAG0453.jpg

IMAG0452.jpg

IMAG0451.jpg

I lost one of my clowns about 2 months ago. The older one buzzed the little one 3 or 4 times at first and now 24hrs later they are swimming togehter like old buddies.

Cool looking fish. I bought a tiny one that didn't have the third stripe on it but it developed as it aged.

Yeah, Im hoping that the black becomes more defined like my other one did.

Im one week in with the 40 now and everything seems to be going good. GSP opening, but candy cane not to potential yet. Did water change today, cleaned skimmer cup, not pulling any amount of anything yet but the whole instide of the cup was caked with crud. Still getting micro bubbles in DT, not sure what to do about that.

New clown is doing great, seams to be started to host my one of my frogspawn, while the older larger one just hangs out in the corner

.IMAG0465-1.jpg

Hoping for some gift cards for xmas so I can get some more corals in here.

Thanks

gg

Some new pics, all the corals are opened up great except my ric, still watiting

If anyone can ID these I would appreciate it!

IMAG0473.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0471.jpg

IMAG0472.jpg

One of my Frogspawn, going to frag next week

IMAG0470.jpg

Pavonia

IMAG0466.jpg

Clove Polyps.

IMAG0475.jpg

Im going to attempt to frag most of these next week, hopefully goes smooth so I can get some trades.

Thanks'

gg

Awesome build! I think your set-up has a lot of potential for being a really amazing tank. Love the aquascape, and the clown with the white dot :)

Awesome build! I think your set-up has a lot of potential for being a really amazing tank. Love the aquascape, and the clown with the white dot :)

Thanks Chyendra.

Just ordered my Reefcleaners 40b quick crew!!!!

Today since I was home because of the weather I decided to give fragging a shot. Check it out here...

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=256373

Really need some help with the id's on these zoas I have

Thanks

gg

Glad I'm not the only one who gives in to Petcos low prices on occasion. I picked up my Bangai Cardinal for $25 (35 at my LFS) and my Blue tang for $35 (way more expensive at the LFS) and both are still with me and doing great. Awesome colors as well. Petco isn't bad if you really examine the fish ahead of time and quarentine to make sure.

Nice build gg. Sweet stand.

When I moved my some of my BC29 over to my 40 with new dryrock and sand I had a cycle. Dont be surprised when you get the algae bloom in the next week or two.

How those frags doin? Everything survive?

Ya, so far so good. Everything but the candy apples are opened up real good. the ca's are about half way open. I cant wait to start trading these. I wont do anything until after the new year, just so the packages are a little safer.

Your MP10 doesn't look like it's functioning correctly. I expect it to blow up at any second.... You should send it to me for repairs! :D

Im so glad u noticed!! BTW its an MP20

Archived