SaltCritters.com

First Time Fragger...also ID's please

gutterguy

So since ive been home for the last 2 days because of snow and wind I decided to try my luck at fragging some of my coral. I did 3 kinds of zoas, 1 paly, some gsp and some pavonia. Hopefully everything lives. After all said and done I ended up with like 37 frags, alot more than I was expecting.

This was almost as fun as building my setup. Maybe I can talk the wife into resetting up my BC as a frag tank!

Heres some pics, sorry so blue thats the way they come out with my phone. Also there are pics of the mother colonys. I really need help to ID these.

thanks

gg

IMAG0482.jpg

IMAG0483.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

ID's Please

IMAG0473.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0471.jpg

IMAG0472.jpg

Thanks guys, went o zoaid.com

Pic 1- Red people eaters

Pic 2 - Candy apples (thanks aund45pq)

Pic 3 - Not sure but looks like gorilla nipples?

Pic 4 - Blue death? but they are more teal

Some more help on the last two please.

After about 4 hours, about half of the frags are starting to open.

i agree that the 3rd coral down looks like Gorilla Nipple Zoa's. I just purchased some this weekend and they look just like yours. The LFS said that they were Gorilla Nipple Zoa's.

the last one looks like a blue death to me could it just be under your lights they have changed color?

They have never been a real blue, kind of more teal or aqua, not after being cut they look to be more green, but I figure thats some stress. Maybe Green Deaths? ;)

24 hours later and almost all frags are opened or starting to open. Candy apples and GSP are slowly starting to open.

RPE looking good

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

"Green Deaths" and Gorrila nipples

IMG_2121.jpg

In a few weeks these will be up for trade!!

bahamas reef lover
24 hours later and almost all frags are opened or starting to open. Candy apples and GSP are slowly starting to open.

RPE looking good

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

"Green Deaths" and Gorrila nipples

IMG_2121.jpg

In a few weeks these will be up for trade!!

will you sell any? i am interested in a small frag of what you are calling RPE and the candy apples but they look more like a red hornet look a like but def not RPE's. please pm me

Those aren't RPE they do look like the zoas that will morph into "red hornets" but definitely not RPE. RPE have a green mouth "slit" in the middle. The second pic is not candy apple reds either, I would hate for you to sell them as that and have people pissed they got ripped off. Just a heads up.

Those aren't RPE they do look like the zoas that will morph into "red hornets" but definitely not RPE. RPE have a green mouth "slit" in the middle. The second pic is not candy apple reds either, I would hate for you to sell them as that and have people pissed they got ripped off. Just a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up, that is exactly why I am asking for help with the id.

Quick question for the xperts. The other day when I was trying to seperate one head off a 3 head frogspawn the head cracked through the skeleton part. I now have 4 small skeletol pieces. Will these survive. They dont look to bad right now after 4 days.

IMAG0492.jpg

As for the rest of the frags they are doing excellent. I am going to wait until at least after christmas to do any shipping.

I really need some help with id's on the red and green zoas. Im not looking at trying to get high end prices on anything. I just want to know for myself.

Archived