Coral Vue Hydros

bugs!

nano-reefer1

nano-reefer1

ok so im not sure if this is the right place, but ive got a problem with moths and bee's flying into my tank . the "bugs" are attracted to the light and end up in the water . i usually get them out in a timley fasion, but the get into the fuge also. has anyone had this problem ?? i am worried about the dust from the moths wings more than anything else

I run into the same problem.

Try making a screen for the tank and fuge top with a window screen kit from a hardware store and bird netting for the screen.

Very cheap and easy to do and still allows oxygen exchange and light penetration in water.

nano-reefer1

ive looked into the bird netting but the holes are big (little smaller than a dime) i dont think it would do much for the "bugs"

nano-reefer1

ok so i guess i should clarify after re;reading my post im worried the dust will hurt my tank water params and such

ok so i guess i should clarify after re;reading my post im worried the dust will hurt my tank water params and such

I get moths in my tank every once in a while. I figure unless it rots in there itll be fine. Unless I guess they are giant moths then you might have a problem? Either way I wouldnt sweat the small stuff.

I don't know if this helps of not, but moth dust are actually scales from their wings so IMO it can't be any different than human dust flying around landing in your tank, just keep an eye on the parameters I had some air freshener leave a film on my water for a week before I figured out what it was and I don't have a skimmer, everyone did just fine. (it was an air freshener that sprayed in the air every 30 minutes) :(

Archived