Cultivated Reef

Is my cup coral dead/dying?

southpaw23

Hi all...

Unfortunately, i don't have a picture on me but i was just wondering what's up with my cup coral.....it has been in the tank for about a 5 days now and i've yet to see any of it's polyps extended.....

There is no bleaching apparent on the coral at all and it's a nice maroon to purplish color....do i just give it more time to accustom itself to the tank or should i be worrying....it's receiving ample lighting being on the top half of the tank...my lightings are 2 36w PCs and it's receiving medium flow in my tank. Tank parameters are stable and all other corals are doing great.

Does anyone have any more information on these corals, i've read up on what i can and from what i understand, they are fairly easy to moderate corals to care for in a reef as long as they are not the thin plated ones (which they are not) Is this behavior normal....will the polyps eventually start coming out?

I'll try and get a picture of it sometime soon but feedback would be great.....thanx again

sorry southpaw23, i am fairly new at this whole thing, but my cup coral is doing alright and I have the same lighting as you. Mine is about 2 inches off the bottom, with polyps all out. You say all tank parameters are fine...???? i have no idea what to say. The only advice I would say is maybe give a couple more days.

sorry

Archived