Innovative Marine Aquariums

hey i found MH'S at home depot

alien4fish

i found 175w MH and 250 MH"s made by philips ...with the ceramic something or other........ mogel ?? i dont know if they will work on a corral reef set would they?????????:o

Originally posted by alien4fish

i found 175w MH and 250 MH"s made by philips  ...with the ceramic something or other........ mogel ?? i dont know if they will work on a  corral  reef set would they?????????:o

I've seen on ReefCentral that you can get the fittings for the MH from HD, then replace the bulb with one of the right K value. Whether its the right ballast or not is still up for debate.

All I can say is try it and see. If you get the right bulb, I don't see why it wouldn't work...

Mike

Reefer_Buddha

please not this debate again, its been drug out, kicked, spanked, mauled and mutilated wayyyy too many times. SOME home depots carry MH fixtures but they're way too heavy and expensive. the bulbs from hd are less than what you need for your reef, 4000k usually. Only thing worth getting at hd is the fixture (regent or the regent worklight) they wont have any good ballasts and fixtures together that are worth your time to diy.

fastredponycar

that's what i've been told as well. only the mogul sockets, wood for a diy canopy and the sheet aluminum are usable. Not sure if the ballasts are the same thing. The ANSI numbers are identical to the ones at the Reef lighting DIY sites but I'd still feel more comfortable getting it from a dedicated reef lighitng store.

But if you find that it works, alien, then hey, awesome. Spread the word.

Archived