Coral Vue Hydros

1,5gallon reef

HighVoltageScience

HighVoltageScience

Ok I got a 1.5 gallon tank with a 50/50 20 watt bulb and a 7.5watt heater and a 80gph bio wheel filter.

What are some high light high current corals ?

Whould this be ok for stocking ?

1 fire fish or spotted grouper lol

1 snail (what kind ?)

6 bule leg

1 coral banded shrimp

Thanks brandon

Ps pics are comming

Mr. Microscope

Ok I got a 1.5 gallon tank with a 50/50 20 watt bulb and a 7.5watt heater and a 80gph bio wheel filter.

Get rid of the wheel. It will eventually raise nitrates.

What are some high light high current corals ?

I'd stick with softies like zoas and shrooms. You could do a toadstool if you kept it near the top. Start with those and you'll be happy.

Whould this be ok for stocking ?

1 fire fish or spotted grouper lol

I'm assuming the spotted grouper is a joke, but seriously 1.5 gallons is way too small for a fire fish. That would be a disaster both for the fish and for your corals and tank as a whole.

1 snail (what kind ?)

Cerith and nerite are good snails. Get maybe one of each.

6 bule leg

Stay away from the crabs, but if you must, stick with one or two max. If they have enough to eat, then they'll be less likely to pick at your corals.

1 coral banded shrimp

No way IMHO

Thanks brandon

Ps pics are comming

Can't wait to see 'em! Good luck. :) What kind of tank is it? Do you have your rock yet? Have you started your cycle?

FishyFishy!

^^ +1

Stay away from too much stock in a 1.5 gallon. You aren't doing fish or bioload any good throwing them in a jail cell like a 1.5

Coral banded shrimp need way more room than this.

The only actual fish I would recommend is a clown goby.

I would only recommend a couple of snails, and maybe one or two hermits max. I find that you might have an issue with the hermits and the snails in such a small tank. I have had issues with the hermits yanking the snails out of their shells, killing them. Just a word of caution. I would personally do either all snails, or hermits in a 1.5. My hermits have left my corals alone in my 2.5G, but I only have 2.

Good luck and happy stocking!

HighVoltageScience

Thanks guys anyways.

What fish and shrimp could I have ?

Don't count bio load. The tank is feeded by my 30g.

Mr. Microscope

You mean you're going to piece it together so that they are sharing the same water? Cool. Schematic drawing please! I've been thinking about doing something similar, but haven't been able to figure out a closed loop system yet.

In that case, I'd still recommend nothing bigger than a clown goby (for the fish's sake). You could probably do a bumblebee shrimp in there too, or maybe a sexy shrimp.

HighVoltageScience
You mean you're going to piece it together so that they are sharing the same water? Cool. Schematic drawing please! I've been thinking about doing something similar, but haven't been able to figure out a closed loop system yet.

In that case, I'd still recommend nothing bigger than a clown goby (for the fish's sake). You could probably do a bumblebee shrimp in there too, or maybe a sexy shrimp.

I got two pumps that are the same and two 25foot air tubes.

Anyways what fish could I have other then a clown gobie

I really want a fire fish or a yellow tail Damsel, nemo clown.

Hay could I put my 2" snow flake eel in it ?

I got two pumps that are the same and two 25foot air tubes.

Anyways what fish could I have other then a clown gobie

I really want a fire fish or a yellow tail Damsel, nemo clown.

Hay could I put my 2" snow flake eel in it ?

That is risky business connecting two tanks using powerheads. If one pump fails you are in serious trouble.

Also I wouldnt recommend any fish in such a tiny tank. Really wanting something doesnt justify putting a fish in an inadequate situation.

Is the pico drilled? If so you could use the bigger tank as a sump and only need a return. Why not keep the fish in the biger tank and keep inverts in the pico (there are some nice ones to choose from). What are the mesurements of the pico?

HighVoltageScience
no nemos in a 1.5 please u_u

maybe a clown goby of some sort for your fish.

My friend has 30somthing day old clowns

And he would give free one. Would that be ok ?

Please don't feed the troll.

Guys, before getting too serious about your replies, check this guys other posts.

He comes on every month or so and keeps demanding someone to acknowledge that he's going to put fish in tiny enclosures.

It doesn't matter what you say, he is going to do it anyways, and it's going to end up a disaster.

HighVoltageScience
Please don't feed the troll.

Guys, before getting too serious about your replies, check this guys other posts.

He comes on every month or so and keeps demanding someone to acknowledge that he's going to put fish in tiny enclosures.

It doesn't matter what you say, he is going to do it anyways, and it's going to end up a disaster.

Just so you know I have only had one fish die on me and it was a baggii cardnalfish in my 30g (could not get the thing to eat)

day old clowns are just larva, and unless your friend knows what he's doing they will die off. a clown will not be good in a small tank like that, even if you get one thats a couple of months old it will still be very difficult to feed.

Archived