Pod Your Reef

Spoon Worm!

NepTuNe-UsD

Sup all... I was wondering if anyone has identified a spoon worm in their tanks. I saw one in my tank tonight via my new csl moonlight system and confirmed it with the trusty flashlight. It was quite a sight! Anyway.... was wondering if this is a good thing...or bad.... and if its common or rare.

Im adding a picture of the thing in case someone has seen something similar in their tanks but hasnt identified it.

If you examine this picture youll see a green tentacle type extension with two appendages on the end that is almost in the shape of a dolphin's tailfin....weird but interesting to watch as it searches for detritus...

..yeah Ive read somewhere that the worm's body may only be 6 inches across while its tentacle stretches for a few meters in length!! Dunno if its true or internet garbage.

No I'm definitely talking about spoon worms. I've had peanut worms too. This is not the same thing. It had 2 "flaps" at the end, and this thing COULD stretch a LOOOONG way. It would wrap itself around corners and stuff and be stretched so thin it looked like fishing line.

Archived