Innovative Marine Aquariums

Updated ViaAqua 18 gal tall pics!!

Goliath

All,

Its been quite a long journey down the path of Nano-Reef ville, and I have to tell you I have loved every minutes of it. My Reef tank has been up and running for almost a year now and I have had my failures and my successes!! Thank god the success was more then the failure.

Here are some links to my past updates, so you can take a run down memory lane with me:

First post with pics of the new tank. This is on March 18th, 2003

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=10169

2nd update on June 19th, 2003

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...?threadid=13615

Here is the lastest look into the world of the Reef. I do not have a very good Digital Camera, I hope to have that changed in the near future. Until then, please enjoy:

Reefer_Buddha

those via aquas are really cool, nice tank man. I like the banggai too they just chill and never really move , like the Fonze of the fish world :P

• 2 weeks later...

I got the GSP to grow on the tank by just putting the GSP rock against the glass. Within a couple weeks it started to attach, these guys are like wild flowers!

Jeremy

digitallinx - Careful when you put GSP near zoos. They will grow between the polyps and eventually over take the zoos. I spent hours to remove them from one of my zoos colonies. Get the neon green GSP (instead of brown). If you put GSP in the tank anyway, why dont get something colorful =).

Cyber

• 2 weeks later...

Actually that light hood came with the Via Aqua, its actually a very nice setup. The hood is made by Helios and they are 2 36watt PC bulbs.

Goliath,

Sorry to bother, but could tell me a little more about your system? I am interested in what kind of filter/skimmer/ph's/and any other equipment you use. The reason I ask is because there are a couple of those Via Aquas locally and I was thinking of getting one. I found what others are using on this same tank, just curious as to yours also and I could not find any updated info. It looked like at one time you were using the Via Aqua skimmer but not anymore. Thanks.

Troy,

Here is a list of epuipment and what I use to dose in the tank:

Tank: ViaAqua 680 kit with light and ballast

Skimmer: Aquarium Systems SeaClone 100 HOB skimmer

Filter: AquaClear 300 with carbon

Pump: Pair of ViaAqua 360 Powerheads

Heater: ViaAqua 50w Titanium Tube

Dosing is very simple:

ESV B-Ionic Alkalinity and Calcium booster (dose once a week)

Luglos Iodine drops (dose once every 2 weeks)

Testing kits:

All testing is done by Salifert test kits

Hope that helps Troy.

It does and thank you very much. If I had not said it already, your aquarium is my inspiration. I would actually like to have a cross of yours and a couple others on this site. My wife wants it to be the center piece in the living room. Have a good day.

• 2 weeks later...
DitchPlains

I wouldn't have gotten my gf to buy me a Nano Cube...:teehee: Anyways, great pics beuatiful colors, clear clean look, very well designed system and nice lighting much stornger then my nano cube came with. Can I ask how much did it run ya?

it does have independant switches for the 2 36watt light, but they are manual switches. There is a work around for the Ballast to make it an automatic daylight and night or dawn to dusk system. You will have to do a search for the ViaAqua lighting to find that thread, its been a while since ZI have seen it but it was a while ago. The write up came with detailed pics and diagrams. Very detailed! If I can find it I will post the link here. Until then I suggest you guys do some searches.

Jeremy

• 1 month later...

It appears that you are no longer using the ViaAqua Multi-Skimmer you orginally had. Any reasons as to why? I am thinking of buying one with my new tank.

it actually worked quite well, the reason I didnt like it is I got a lot of surface scum in my tank. Once I took the filter out, the surface water cleared up. Now this is not always the case. I know a lot of poeple and business's that have this skimmer and have no problem.

Jeremy

Archived