SaltCritters.com

Sun Polyp w/ No polyps...

saltyFISHscales

saltyFISHscales

I've had this sun polyp for about a month and the polyps have yet to come out... Anyone have any ideas on this? At the bottom of my tank under 150 MH HQI.

saltyFISHscales

Not hand feeding them like i do with my RBTA or my candy corals, but i feed with DT"s and Zooplex. Should i be hand feeding? If so, what would you suggest?

You have to take some airline tubing and blow brine shrimp directly on to the coral. It will open. Then keep on blowing until all the polyps have food and are closed up. I had one for awhile. This coral is a pain in the donkey. Have fun.

As you probably know they usually only open at night. Wait about 20 minutes after the lights are off and then spray a few/little mysis shrimp or plankton directly on the coral. After a few minutes the coral should open up having detected that there is food nearby. Then feed each polyp. I usually feed mine mysis shrimp about 4x/wk by using a 3mm syringe.

saltyFISHscales

Thanks Crakeur!!! Tempest, actually it hasnt come out even when the lights are off... But I'll try doing that when the lights are off. Thanks teptest!

Archived