Coral Vue Hydros

Interesting 10 gallon

stephen

I am currently searching at stores and online for an interstingly shaped 10 gallon (not square). Which shape of aquariums do you like the best? I personally like the curved ones.

The bow fronts do look nice.

But cleaning them can be tough. Getting various algae off the bent glass/acrylic is tough. The other downside to them is that when taking pictures, its difficult and things appear slightly magnified.

The only other thing is the hood. If you cant use the one that comes with the tank for your lights, then you have to build your own one.

To me they only serve to look nice. No other real benefits.

There are a bunch of 12 gallon flat back hex tanks out there. If you get one with the base and hood they cost a little bit more but look great. Most will also fit powercompact lights and some come with them.

NaNO ReeFiN

Man, would I love a 10 gallon corner tank! That would look great in my room.. :) Someone needs to go create one though...

Hey if you guys are only talking about 10g tanks, why not make it yourself - its really easy when your only in the 10g range, and that way you can make it any shape you want. :)

Acrylic is really nice to work with, and for a ten g. is pretty thin, hence you can easily frame it into any shape you want, say like a sylinder. :) - they look really nice as show pieces

lets see.. 10 gall All Glass....... 9.99

standard stuff fits it

custom:............ A LOT

stuff needs modification or fabing

have it made.

Has anyone here actually done their own custom acrylic work? I'm contemplating doing some for the place we're thinking of renting, if so how did you go about doing it? What thickness of plexi, and how big was the tank you created?

I know GARF has instructions on a plywood tank, but that idea makes me a little nervous, I'm worried about things leaking into the water.

Archived