Cultivated Reef

Over heating Nano-Cube....HELP!

bobbyb323

Just set up my Nano-Cube last night. Everthing went fine. Transfered live rock sand and live rock with coral from my large reef tank. It runs at 83 degree F and the heater never comes on. Anyone else have this problem? Will 60mm fans solve it?

Thanks, Bob

Try to double check that temp. and perhaps take the heater right out just to make sure it isn't to blame. Do you have the tank near a heat duct in the house...or is your house real warm? I wouldn't think heat would be an issue right now with cold ambient temperatures.

I do think that I will have issues in the summer with heat, but its not an issue now for me. Mine runs with stock lighting at about 80 degrees. House temp is around 69 degrees this time of year.

Carl_in_Florida

Do you have stock lighting and filtration? If you upgraded any of that you may need to counteract it. What temp is your house?Then again, your thermometer may be wrong.

I have base board heating and it is warm where it is. I get warm sitting on the couch next to the tank. But the tank is on a table 24" from the wall. I'll try moving it. Got two green chromis for the tank. I love them, they're so mellow.

Archived