Pod Your Reef

Some new photos.....

Gilman

Took some photos today for our website. Here are some of them.

2tank071702.jpg

tankright071702.jpg

Hitch-hiker polyps that came with our Tree Leather.

polyps071702.jpg

A Bristle Worm....

bristle071702.jpg

Gil

nice pics! Those polyps look a little like aptaisa anemones to me. Do they quickly retract if you touch them?

That tree leather looks a lot like my colt corals...Darn nice! I like that xenia too!

what camera did you use to take those pics gil? i m looking for a digi cam to buy, thinking of investing money in the Fuji FinePix 2400Z.

reef hugger

very nice! keep them pics coming. ;)

i don't think those are aptaisa jjharris. i have never seen them fluoresce like that. i think they are just button polyps.

As everybody else has said, that is a really nice xenia you got there! The tree looks fantastic, and those polyps look pretty funky! Well done

Wow, thanks for all of the comments folks! I will in fact be keeping the pictures coming! In fact, my girlfriend just got a new Macro lens last evening for her Canon D-60, so I will be able to get even closer now....... w00h000.....! Here is a full tank shot taken with my Sony Mavica and some photos taken with the macro lens on my girlfriends camera.....

Full Tank shot for Sahin (there are more full tank shots at our website!)

wholetank071702.jpg

Close ups with new macro. The camera really needs to be put on a tripod for shots like this to make it more clear. I was too excited about the new lens last evening to get the tripod out......

Candy Coral

candyNEW2.jpg

Xenia

xenia07171.jpg

Thanks again for all the nice comments, we could not have gotten this far with our little reef if it hadn't been for the huge amount of direction given on the Nano-Reef.com message boards.

Gil

I knew the tank would look awesome.

It looks really beautiful. Like the colours.

The background goes quite well too.

Dude thats one awesome closeup pic of the candycane coral. Thats some serious piece of macro lens bought. Very nice!

Archived