Innovative Marine Aquariums

I picked up an SPS frag(montipora) and a crocea clam(pics and a question inside)

JIM27

I got my 1st SPS frag(I think its some kind of montipora) today as well as a 2" baby crocea clam. The clam is in the sandbed with a small rock underneath it for it to attach to.

Should I super glue the sps frag onto a rock? Right now its sitting on a rock and leaning against the glass.

Here's the clam(side view)

NaNO ReeFiN

That's a sweet looking crocea! :woot: (I use this smilie to much...) Don't know about the super glueing question though... X)

NanoReefer53

be sure to feed that clam a lot since it's a baby. For the montipora, glue it down or use expoxy. That way it'll have a change to grow its base.

NanoReefer53

get the gel kind, it'll hold better. Super glue it in a separate place outside and let it sit about 2minutes to set. Wash it off in a separate tub of tank water and if possible have the tub with iodine. After, you can put it back in the tank.

There's not much more I can add, but say nice clam. The montipora you don't have to wait 2 min for the super glue gel to dry, you can glue it, wait 30 sec for it to harden a little, then put it in your tank. I don't feel you need to give it an iodine bath.

Wow, a beautiful clam you got there.

You can epoxy/milliput the SPS.

The white kind of miiliput stuff we have in the UK sets under water and is excellent for sticking SPS frags onto rocks.

Archived