Pod Your Reef

Test Kit Expiration Dates: Your Help, Please!

Vixyswillie

Vixyswillie

Hi All,

Leonard and I have begun compiling contact information for companies who provide test kit products for aquarists. In a recent thread, he suggested that test kit companies should be encouraged to print expiration dates on their products, thereby assuring the aquarist of more accurate results. To that end, he's drafted up a short and sweet email message requesting the company to make this change. We'll soon be enlisting your help to join us by sending a copy of his message to all identified test kit companies.

As a first step, we'd like to enlist your help in identifying those test kits which already seem to have expiration dates on them. We'll obviously omit these companies from our plea. Perhaps we'll even identify them in the email message as companies that already provide this information to hobbyists.

At this point, our "by-no-means-inclusive" list is as follows:

• Aquarium Pharmeceuticals
  • AquaTru
  • FasTesT/SeaTesT
  • Hach
  • Jungle Laboratories
  • Lamotte
  • Marine Enterprises
  • Red Sea
  • Salifert
  • SeaChem
  • Tetra Test

Please do a couple of things: (1) If you don't see your most-beloved test kit company listed, please provide me with specific information about it, and I'll be happy to add it to the list. (2) If you're a user of one of these kits, please check the product container, packaging, insert, etc. and see if there appears to be an expiration date already included. If so, either leave the information for me here or email it to me.

Any questions, let me know. Hats off to Leonard for a very worthwhile and important suggestion - and thanks to all of you, in anticipation of your help.

~Vix

Archived