SaltCritters.com

Can someone take care of my clown?

yOyOYoo

My clownfish is not doing so well at all.

It has been in my tank for over a month and it has been fine until the last two days. It has gradually lost its appetite, now lost completely. It has begun to breathe heavier and heavier, with it's mouth almost completely open now. And it has been hiding in some rocks for the last week all day long. Oh yea it also has the long stringy white poop which apparantly is an indication of internal parasites (or worms)

It moves up towards the powerhead to sleep at night, but all throughout the day it'll hide with it's head in the rocks.

anyways, I simply do not have the time or resources to quarantine the clown right now.

would someone very experienced be kind enough to look after this clownfish (wild caught) and nurse him back to health?

I would gladly pay for this service (like taking the fish to the vet) However much you wanted.

I just want to give him a better home for now. Maybe permanently. I was doing fine with just some corals and intervertebrates...

btw I am located in Southern California, near Pasadena/LA.

I have only tried feeding it food soaked in Garlic, Selcon, as well as Pipzine. However now he won't eat and it is a really bad time for me to quarantine him.

I don't want to sound like I make excuses, but I am working 7 days a week and my grandfather has been sick and hospitalized so I visit him daily after work.

to top it off my clown looks like he's on the brink of death.

so I come here for help from someone.

Archived