Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cycled or Not?

Warboz

Well its been a week and this is what I have.

Nothing really new to say, no hitchhikers that I've seen, maybe some feather dusters popping up here and there and thats about it. A slight diatom bloom I think, judge from the pic, sorry its a little blurry because its night.

Interesting this is though...my parameters appear to be fine. Now...I don't know what it was a few days ago because I just got my test kit (Yes, it was dumb) but this is what I have.

Temp: 80

SG: 1.025

Ph:8.1

Ammonia: 0 ppm

Nitrite: 0 ppm

Nitrate: 10 ppm

Now I thought that this was slightly cured LR and I did not put any additives like quick cycle or anything...Is my tank cycled or should I put something in it to kick up the Ammonia? If so, what?

I'm a little puzzled on what to do now...add cleanup crew or wait another week or 2?

Also I forgot, I have this additive that I can add called Stress Zyme (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals), it says it improves the development of the biological filter in your aquarium....what do you guys think? I got it for free, but was afraid to add until I heard from you guys.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=23725 Pic and Duplicate Message here

Yea I thought so...What about this cycle...how can I tell?

Also, if you goto my link and compare the 2 pics i think i have some diatoms going...any pros know better? And if my tank isn't fully cycled is it safe to drop in some turbos and hermits?

Wait another few days. Test again, if the params measure out the same - you can start thinking about some members of the cleanup-crew of your choice.

If you see numbers for either ammonia or nitrite, you are still cycling.

Patience means money in your pocket. Hang in there.

Archived