ReefCleaners.org

Clown, Bangaii, Firefish... How big a tank??

sunnibuns

I am still in the planning stages for a future nano-reef. I am planning mainly a soft coral tank though if I can swing enough lighting I wouldn't mind a few LPS. Anyway, I was wondering how big of a tank I would would need for these fish to co-exist?

Other than a moderate cleanup crew, I would like to get a clown (not sure which kind yet), a Bangaii, and a Firefish goby. If the tank is big enough maybe a 6 line wrasse in the distant future (though I can get along without). Would these all fish get along? How small of a tank could I go with without causing stress?

Thanks!

4 fish total? 20 or larger.

of those fish, you would want a small clown (percula perhaps), a covered top for the firefish (might want consider a purple firefish, they're a bit more durable.

Banggais are a hit or miss fish. some will eat right away and others never take to flake. If you can find a mated pair, ditch one of the other fish. I've had banggais breed in the 180. very very cool stuff.

for a beginner, you might want to go easy on the number of fish at first. The main problem is that the fish you want run the gamut from peaceful to territorial. Add the clown last.

The more I read about the corals and fish the more facinated I am. I am beginning to wonder if I should just go for a not so nano tank! Maybe 55-75 gallons? LOL!

BTW, I have wanted the Bangaii Cardinals ever since I first saw them in my LFS, I would love to breed them someday but I would definately need a bigger setup than a nano.

Archived