Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My First Nano (10g)

CanadianNano

CanadianNano

hey thanks, im liking the scape too, but i kinda want to change the righ side a bit, add a bit more rock and push the rock back a bit further.... anyway, we'll have to wait and see i suppose

CanadianNano

found two small what i hope to be polyps today, they both have a fluorescent green centre.... i cant get a good pic of the bigger one but theyre fairly close together, anyway have a look, tell me what you think

post-53961-1278555739_thumb.jpg

post-53961-1278555764_thumb.jpg

CanadianNano

yea theyre definitely palys, speaking of corals, ive got 4 frags on the way today, 3 types of zoos and 1 ric, im pumped, i think im gonna make the little shelf on the left of my tank a "zoanthid garden" as people would call it, will post pics once they get here and are in the tank (once properly acclimated of course...)

CanadianNano

so the frags came, acclimating as we speak, seeing as i have no corals in my tank i figure i can leave my lights on a little longer tonight so i can stare at my new frags!!!

got a pic of them acclimating, will post a pic when they open, the frags are decent too, $40 for 3 types of zoos, 30+ heads each, and one nice dark green ric.

post-53961-1278639471_thumb.jpg

dang! $40 gets you all that? with shipping? >_< thats a deal. less than $10 a frag then...

cant wait to see those in your tank :D

I'm going to use most of my zoas and stuff from my little 3 gal pico, so I'm probably going to start out slower than you with stocking up on corals...

CanadianNano

well i wouldnt really say shipping, the guy lives down the road from me, i only buy locally aquacultured frags... my part to try and save the reefs. Got them in my tank, the zoos are all opened up, the ric isnt opening up though... gonna try and move it to a sput with less flow and see what happens, will post pics later today

thanks for lookin

CanadianNano

No new updates really, although im getting a few more frags on thursday(GSP and mushrooms) and probably a fish. Posting some pics of my zoos, ric is opened a bit more than usual but still not full potential.... unknown hitchhiker polyp is getting bigger everyday. turned on a light to see the emerald at night and the hitchhiker polyp was HUGE and fully extended... is this normal? and the tank is looking cleaner than ever 0 algae had a short stint with some bryopsis and hair algae the past week, turbo snails and emerald ran right through it... still gotta get some chaeto for the HOB fuge... anyway, heres some pics

OH.. and i also found a hermit molt... cool

post-53961-1278966262_thumb.jpg

post-53961-1278966495_thumb.jpg

post-53961-1278966508_thumb.jpg

CanadianNano

thanks, i like em alot, the ric is missing this morning....... even the little peice of LR it was on... looked around the tank and it was up on the ledge upside down with the zoas.... maybe my emerald wanted to do some decorating of his own?

very likely. they tend to carry around rubble from time to time especially if the frag happened to be in his way. gets annoying >_<

CanadianNano

So i went to the LFS where I always buy fish from but never corals, the prices are coral are pretty high, but i ended up buying........ A nice sized finger leather, and a mushroom rock with about 6 mushrooms on it for $40 for the both, and I decided im gonna stock this tank with the first two fish I ever got... A Tomato Clown(maybe pair) and a yellow clown goby( in a week or two)

so all in all i got some new corals and a nice tomato clown! pretty excited to see some life other than the CUC

pics to come later tonight

acclimating in this crappy cell pic, cant find me camera

post-53961-1279242405_thumb.jpg

CanadianNano

any clown will outgro a 10g in my opinion but, i dont want to say it... an upgrade will surely take place before that happens, and if not (cuz i really dont want to upgrade) ill hand him over to a friend

CanadianNano

Pictures as promised! i put the finger leather in the back in hopes it will get nice and tall and than it will be in perfect placement

oh.. and sorry about the cell phone pics, still cant find my camera......... :angry:

post-53961-1279377913_thumb.jpg

post-53961-1279377927_thumb.jpg

post-53961-1279377941_thumb.jpg

post-53961-1279377953_thumb.jpg

shrooms are rhodactic and that finger leather really looks nice there. The clown is really red and awesome!

Very nice tank, love the aquascape :) . Check out mrcoral.com. They have a new $10 section and you could get you 13 frags for $130 shipped to your door. That would be perfect for a 10g. Tanks looks great, keep it up :)

tundrashaul

That finger leather is awesome, Great placement. I think it will look nice there when it grows in too, But looks good even now. The scape is unique and I can tell you took tour time.

CanadianNano

hey guys, thanks for the great suggestions and comments!

unfortunately i dont have a credit card or paypal so im relying on local frags!

and as far as the scape i did plan it out for a while, i picked through a huuuuuuge bin of live rock at my lfs for 2 hours to find 3 peices! lol i must have picked up and put down peices forever! starting a new job on thursday so i dont have any income coming in for a while, next on the list is GSP,Xenia, and either a torch or hammer!

thanks for lookin

• 2 months later...

Archived