Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

[Biocube 29] -- Finally "Taking the Dip" Into Saltwater!

Reef_Monster

hmm, chaeto with cyano algae i think, does it rub off the chaeto/wall easily? then its algae. cyano means there are excess nitrates, though those small levels are awefully hard to combat. people employ the use of chemipure elite and purigen, and skimmers to remove those last traces of waste.

tank is progressing awesome, any coral you add should do well! Hope santa brings you some coral, the coralline on your back wall is doing great!

Hope santa brings you some coral, the coralline on your back wall is doing great!

Thanks! Me too.

I love the coralline in the tank and am looking forward to adding some coral very soon.

Time to start shopping around for some nice frags.

• 1 month later...

Right place to post this time. . . I promise!

Tank is doing surprisingly well for what it has gone through this month.

We experienced a power outage that lasted almost 48 hours while the temperatures were below freezing.

The temperature inside dropped all the way to 50 degrees and my tank water dropped to about 60.

I put a bubbler in the moment the power went out, but after a period of time I was helpless.

Luckily, I lost no fish or corals as a result of the outage. Now a week later everything is still thriving in the tank.

What a wonderful feeling.

I have been struggling to figure out what the white web-like structures are in my tank for months, so I posted them in the ID forum.

That's all for now. Hope everyone's tanks fared as well as mine if your power was out as well.

post-53957-1297372008_thumb.jpg

post-53957-1297372070_thumb.jpg

Archived