Top Shelf Aquatics

10 Gallon CUC

rolltide21

Just got my quote from John at Reef Cleaners. Currently in my 10g, I have 4 scarlets, 3 astrea, and 2 margarita snails. He suggested this for a medium crew:

10 Dwarf Ceriths - tiny

2 Nassarius

3 Florida Ceriths

2 Blue Legs

2 Small to Medium Nerites

My question: should I leave my current crew in there and get all these new guys? Or do I need a clean slate for this crew?

lakshwadeep

That CUC sounds okay.

You need more snails than hermits, which are often overstocked in tanks and dangerous to snails and other hermits. Astraeas are nice except that some species will die if they fall upside down, while margaritas are not tropical snails and can have decreased lifespans. Ceriths are very good all-around-choices. Here's a good guide to CUC choices:

http://www.chucksaddiction.com/cleanupcrew.html

Sounds good to me, the only thing I can suggest is replacing those blue legs with red leg dwarf hermits. I've heard bad things about the blue legs. I don't have any myself, but I do have red leg dwarves and they're lovely. They work really hard and have never attacked anything other than algae. I have 6 of them in my 24g along with about 12 semi large cerith/nass/nerites and they never bother the snails.

That's about half of what reefcleaners gave me for my 20g long, so you're probably not too far off. Maybe 2 more nassarius?

Archived