Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Can anyone ID this orange snail ?

johnstringer

I have several different types of snails in my 125, and have noticed several of these smaller snails lately, which I am assuming are off-spring. I wanted to add one or two to my 7 gallon, but would like to ID them first. They seem orange in color, and are about the size of an M&M. I have asteria snails, "reef cone" snails, and some "crown snails." I did get about 45lbs of live rock 4 months ago, so they could have hitchhiked. Any feedback is appreicated. The snail is dead center in the pic.

Hey jon, Im sorry im no help...... But you said attempting to attach pic. So jon can you help me out? HUHHHH How does everyone takes such good pics? Tanaks alot..

Too small to understand... can you try to cut the snail part of your original image and post it alone in higher res? By the way an image from top and another from the bottom should be necessary for a proper ID...

At first sight it is not one of the dangerous species...

And by the way if you have them in your tank and noticed nothing wrong they are probably harmless...

There are thousands of species of snails... A few are orange... Some specimen of the same specie may have different colors... Some other change color with age... There is no general rule and you might have any of these species... Only a few of them are normally sold for acquaristic purpose, all of the others come in with live rocks...

Archived