Pod Your Reef

Tiny Baby Toad fish.

Juan-Carlos

I have one absoloutly Cute as can be Baby toad fish. This little guy is Tiny almost 2" long and almost 1/2" thick at widest point.

Let me know what you have for trade?

I am looking for a small hang on skimmer for a 5.5g nano and an electronic 70 MH ballast. But let me know what you have I'll cosider many things. I am in Miami Florida. I can ship but local is prefered.

-Juan-Carlos

This picture is from above below are more pictures onenext to my pinkie and another next to a quarter. This is a very neat and interesting fish . But remember this is not invert safe and gets pretty big as an adult. But great chance to have one as a baby!

dude, that is sweet, how big does it get? what are you feeding? basically I'm asking cause I can get them out here for cheap and know nothing about them but am interested in one for my future sps tank

Glad you like it:), Toad fish get pretty big they get about 7" if i'm not mistaken maybe bigger. At this size this little guy gets fed brine shrimp, mysis, and smal chunks of krill and silver sides... I would not recomend them for a reef tank they'll nock corals over when mature and will eat any crustation or fish that was small enough to fit in its mouth. A great specimen for Predator tanks though!

-Jc

What a cutie!

I've seen lots of mature toadfish while out diving in the Caribbean. They get to be around 1.5 to 2 feet out in the wild. (Then again, blue tangs can get to be about a good foot in diameter in the wild also!)

I hope you find the little feller a good home!

Archived