inTank Media Baskets

Anyone try AquaBella Water Treatment?

mark_reefer

mark_reefer

post-52250-1276727503_thumb.jpg

AquaBella Bio-Enzyme Treatment

Has anyone tried this product? My LFS is selling it and say they use it in all of their tanks. They claim all their fish and coral are thriving and I must say that the tanks look great. I tried looking for online reviews but the company seems to be relatively new.

Main Product "Facts":

- 100% naturally occurring organic microorganisms

- Regulates and maintains healthy pH levels

- Breaks down ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates

- Reduces phosphates

- Prevents algae bloom

- No water change for a year GUARANTEE

Seems to good to be true... But for $30, I just might try it. Any thoughts?

Does this gimick replace nutrients and essential elements that are normally replenished with weekly water changes? :huh:

mark_reefer

I was thinking the same thing. There's no way this product can supply the nutrients gained from weekly water changes.

I dont know why you wouldnt want to do a water change, especially in a small tank. Replaces essential nutrients in your tank and you can remove detritus while doing it...all in about 10 minutes.

Reefmonster
I dont know why you wouldnt want to do a water change, especially in a small tank. Replaces essential nutrients in your tank and you can remove detritus while doing it...all in about 10 minutes.

i concur. I make a small WC (no more than 32OZ) every day. I shut my pumps off, dip in two cups and refill the 2 I dumped, and turn on my pumps. Takes me about 3 minutes. I also use the time to count up my CUC and make sure there are no die-offs or algae (I was plagued with Algae before I started this routine).

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
mark_reefer

So I tried this product out in my fluval tank and after treatment, the brown algae was gone in a few days and the water is crystal clear and my params are all zero. But I still do weekly water changes in order to keep essential elements up to par. So far so good

• 4 weeks later...
So I tried this product out in my fluval tank and after treatment, the brown algae was gone in a few days and the water is crystal clear and my params are all zero. But I still do weekly water changes in order to keep essential elements up to par. So far so good

Not to "rain on your parade" but if you are still doing your weekly water changes , how do you know that the product is working? to me that isnt a very good indicator that it works due to the fact that frequent W/C can reverse the algae by removing the nutrients needed for algae to grow. I'm not saying that you should stop dong W/C but if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

Archived