SaltCritters.com

18" crp fuge????????

DEIGNAN14

Anyone have one? I need to know if it will fit on an aga ten gallon... some sites say its 19.25 long some say 18... you guys think it will be ok hanging on a ten gallon??

Thanks

I know its over sized... why not go with the biggest i can fit though??

Someone offered to build one for me but i was worried about the look and quality...

Main concern was mounting it to the tank...

I noticed you make them... what have been your experiences as far as reliability of diy fuges?

Also, what would you run for lighting over a fuge...?

some say a 13 watt pc is enough for the cpr.. others disagree...

Thanks so much..

J

Reefer_Buddha

You "could" run an 18" on a 10g im just saying i wouldnt just for safety sake. Would also make me hesitant to add anything else on the back of the tank like a skimmer or hob filter. I cant speak for anyone elses diy fuges just my own and i stand behind what i make 100%. Really just preference, you can have one made for you, buy a cpr or convert an aquaclear. Im running a 13w shop light from bayco its a 6500k bulb and its working good but im probably gona go with an 18w Jali just because it doesnt look as bad as what i have now.

I had one on a 10 gallon for a year and then moved it to a 15 gallon high when I needed to add a sump. Worked fine but did take up the back of the whole tank.

Tempest - I don't know if I'd go bashing CPR's so fast! Those frankenfuges that people build outta critter carriers and AQ500's are great, but the amount of room in my 12" is perfect for what I need, basically my water chemistry has become ROCK solid since I got it. Also, I forget who it was, but he had a 12" CPR set up for serious pod production and was able to keep a mandrin in his minibow.....sounds to me like it was working wonderfully! As for the asthetics....I'd much rather see a CPR or one of Buddha DYI jobbies on my tank (clean lines, well built, and no chance for spill over)......but that it just me.

Buddha - I was going to put a shop light on mine too, but decided to go with one of those 20W "hockey puck" halogens from HD....it was like $9. Just built a small "up and over" stand so it will sit above the fuge and not get it too hot.

Reefer_Buddha

fly, do you have any pics of that? Id like to see the hockey puck light. Im just using a bayco shop light right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I got one one my 10g, use it to house the heater. and it has plenty of room for rock and macros. Does take up the whole back, but I'm not running ahob filter so thats ok. I just put the cpr on a stack of wood so that it doesn't rest on the back of the tank...

• 2 weeks later...
Reefer_Buddha

nanocat, its best to keep your fuge lit 24/7 so i doubt you wana bleed mh all the time from you main tank to support it. Just get a cheap shop light from pep boys. 13w 6500k $15. done.

Archived