Pod Your Reef

96w CFl Retrofit Kit (upgrading)

Kingpin

i need more light for my 20-long, so i was thinking...

why not upgrade my 10gal 2-36watt to a 96watt quad.

then with the 110w ballast my 36's run on use the 36w bulbs or buy new 55w bulbs.

thats 9w/gallon on the 10, and 5w/gallon on the 20. equals corals in both tanks!(and of course a clam in the 10)

now the ugly part

at hellolight.com there is a...

-18" Coralife Aqualight™ Compact Fluorescent Retrofit Kit w/96 watt 50/50™ Quad Lamp -Square Pin Base

(the unuseful Blue 7,100K = Bright blue )

for Limited Sale Price $85.95!!

(Regular Price $95.95)

-18.5" 1x 96W CF 50/50 Quad Retrofit Kit -Square Pin

(the good actinic 03 = Violet light)

(*hellolight brand i persume)

Price: $129.95

i dont know about you but when it comes to reefing i buy the "better" product, unlike everyday things(GAS)

-which is the better product?

about the ballast, do i need to do anything to convert it from a 2-36w(72w) to a 2-55w(110w) if so anyone give drection?(got as hand-me-down no papers)

18" Coralife Aqualight™ Compact Fluorescent Retrofit Kit w/96 watt 50/50™ Quad Lamp -Square Pin Base

(the unuseful Blue 7,100K = Bright blue )

for Limited Sale Price $85.95!!

(Regular Price $95.95)

OR

-18.5" 1x 96W CF 50/50 Quad Retrofit Kit -Square Pin

(the good actinic 03 = Violet light)

(*hellolight brand i persume)

Price: $129.95

I recently bought the coralife retrofit. The ballast was busted when I got it, coralife customer survice was great though and got it replaced. The blue in the quad definately isn't the same as actinic. You don't get the bright flourescents in your corals.

I purchased the 18" quad 50/50 for my 10g tank last night. They are running a special and are selling it for 97 dollars I believe. They have it in retrofit, or in a complete hood with 2 fans. I'm pretty sure it comes with a true actinic 03?

Archived