inTank Media Baskets

tempreture concen , should I ?

JakeF150

I have a biocube 29 with upgrade lighting 3.36 PC (108w).

Its been range 75 at night and 77 at day time...w/ A/C on (71-72 room temp)

I upgraded return pump to MJ 1200...it raises temp to 80-81 at day with A/C on and at night time its dropping to approx 78 ish.

I m a bit concern that it will contuning raise temp over 82* later this week...

I only have few frags of corals (soft) and frogspawn but no fish yet.

I m using corellife digital temperature.

suggestion? tips? advice will be great!!

THANKS~!

Jake

cheryl jordan

If you have a heater I would bring the temp up to 78-80 F to decrease the temp swings, 78-81 is not a big deal though.

If you consistanly run the ac you should be fine, without knowing your climate it is hard to guess what the average summer temp is.

Ca around mid 80's in Az where I now live 105-110.

my temps hover at around 80-81 during the day with no help from a heater, my MH plus a comp fan keep the temps steady but at night i have my heater turn on and keep it at 80... might want to invest in a nice heater and stick it in the first chamber

The important thing is to stop the as much of the swing as you can, what I do is adjust my heater up to the point that there is much less of a difference to day and night temp. So if during the day it is 80-81 adjust your heater to be closer to that lets say 79 and make sure to validate this with a thermometer and dont go by just the heater adjustment.

As far as going over 82 without a chiller your tank can only be as cool as the room temp, so you'd either have to get a chiller or a better AC.

Chillers are going to be more efficient in cooling your tank and cost you less in the long run but more expensive upfront as an AC cooling the room is cheaper upfront and going to cost you more to run.

yikes..well, .i am still learning something new everyday...okay..

I m from south NY usually 80-85 during summertime.

I do have a heater in 1st chamber but never turn it on...

I assumed at night its normal to drop few degree then daytime its up.. just like an ocean...guess i m wrong.

Also I just learned that MJ 1200 do cause the heat and raise temp.

Whats MAX temp is for corals/fish ? 82?

THANKS!

JAKE

Max temp depends on the specimen, but most that I have looked up usually range 76-82.

The one thing to remember about the ocean is that yes it cools but it takes days or weeks for any real change.

Amphiprion1

Depending on the locale where it was collected, many specimens will actually tolerate up to about 84 degrees (edit: for some, even higher temps are tolerated, but not for very long). In the wild, 82 degrees is the average temperature, with 84 being the usual "safe" maximum for many specimens (but not all). Some will not be used to higher temps, but can often be acclimated to such temps over time. My own tank usually stays between 80-84 degrees throughout the year.

Archived