Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

All Canon A-70 Users Read~!!~

bmxer

I'm pretty much sold on buying a Canon A-70 just wanted to see how people liked it and see people's tank pics with it. (macros if possible) Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Dave Scheiner

Hello bmxer,

I have a Canon A 70 and I love it. I have posteed some pics with it. Do a search in the identification forum withtthe word "doughnut coral". You'll see some of the pics.

As far as macros go, if you want really good macro shots you will need a macro lens (I haven't bought one yet). Here's a picture of my fugium I took in macro mode. I didn't get the focus right, I'm still working on it.

Here's a great digi-cam review site, they always include macros in their test images and use tests to determine the actual resolution at which the macro shots can reproduce. I personally have the Canon G3, which is a little higher end, and I absolutely love it. The most important thing to taking macro shots with any camera is the purchase of a tripod. Without it and the cameras built in timer it's hard to hold it steady enough for a great picture.

Here's the link:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/A70/...0/A70A.HTM#test

Thanks Johnny, i've seen the site, i was just looking for some tank shots with the camera, see what they look like, but i think i'm gonna get it

Originally posted by Dave Scheiner

Here's a picture of my fugium I took in macro mode.  

Hehe , Macro in macro. That's funny.....

Only to a picture taking reefer.....

Do batteries tend to drain fast in most digi-cams or just lower end/priced ones? I borrowed one from my brother, a cheap older Olympus, and the batteries drained pretty fast. I'm lookin' for a decent digi-cam, budget is $300-500max. Lusty, can I have yours?

NO J!!

grrrr....

The battery life of this cam is rediculous-- the cashiers at Rite-Aid are starting to look at me funny...It uses AA's and I can easily burn a fresh set in a single party... At home, an adapter is a must.

Lusty, living in Canada it's never worth buying online unless it's a Canadian company. The fees you pay at the border are ridiculous.

Saul, cool thanks for the info

Come on Lust, gimme. I'll buy you a double chocolate chip mint ice-cream cone at Rite-Aid. Do they sell ice-cream there? I remember they used to be Thrifty's. Well the one near me used to be one.

I love my cam!!! and the waterproof housing.....B)

Here's a pic from today. The only reason I like this pic is because it picked up color pretty nicely.

image-display?photo_id=2115839&size=md

Luke

• 2 months later...

ya, thats a good pic. Other couple of things that I found to help me:

1. use a tripod

2. aim directly at object so that the lens in perpendicular to glass.

3. Taking pics at an angle is difficuly to focus.

4. Take pic w/ the timer

You'll be a pro

-Saul

Archived