Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Coral Accel

Bill Nye

Anyone currently using coral accel by kent? I have read some good things and some bad things about it. I just picked up an 8 oz bottle for cheap and am wondering how others feel about it. I read an old thread where the propagator said that he swears by this stuff. Anyway, how much do you dose and how often.

I used a 64oz bottle of this stuff for awhile and it seemed to do my zoas/palys some good. I didn't have an accurate way of dosing. I was doing 20ml per day in my 150+ gal system but after a few weeks i got lazy and just dig a chug every now and then. It's basically an amino acid supplement similar to the brightwell stuff, i'm using warner marine aminos right now and love it.

I used a 64oz bottle of this stuff for awhile and it seemed to do my zoas/palys some good. I didn't have an accurate way of dosing. I was doing 20ml per day in my 150+ gal system but after a few weeks i got lazy and just dig a chug every now and then. It's basically an amino acid supplement similar to the brightwell stuff, i'm using warner marine aminos right now and love it.

Thanks for the reply. I just picked it up cause I had heard some good stuff and the bottle cost me like 8 dollars. I am dosing .2 mL per day ATM so im guessing the 8 ounces will last me.

I may not have the nicest tank around but my corals are definitely not lacking color. I've tried basically every fad over the last few years and IME nothing beats regular wc's and daily coral accel dosing. I dose ~4ml daily and my corals have never looked better. I really can't say enough about this stuff and I'm surprised that alot more people don't use it. Honestly, I bet that if it weren't made by Kent, but rather Elos or Brighwell's, it would be a much more popular product. We obviously care about brand names in this hobby or corals wouldn't get the ATL, Tyree, LE, etc. tags that they do. That being said, most of the Kent products are typically regarded as junk, and that may be fair, but IME coral accel is one of the best supplements available.

I may not have the nicest tank around but my corals are definitely not lacking color. I've tried basically every fad over the last few years and IME nothing beats regular wc's and daily coral accel dosing. I dose ~4ml daily and my corals have never looked better. I really can't say enough about this stuff and I'm surprised that alot more people don't use it. Honestly, I bet that if it weren't made by Kent, but rather Elos or Brighwell's, it would be a much more popular product. We obviously care about brand names in this hobby or corals wouldn't get the ATL, Tyree, LE, etc. tags that they do. That being said, most of the Kent products are typically regarded as junk, and that may be fair, but IME coral accel is one of the best supplements available.

Awesome...someone with experience with it and saying its awesome :D It said on the bottle that 5 ml = 1 capful and thats good for like 50 gallons right? Do you dose the 4 mL in your 20 long? I am currently doing .2 mL because my tank is 5.5 gal. If I went by the bottle then .5 would be the correct dosage but I cut that in half.

Awesome...someone with experience with it and saying its awesome :D It said on the bottle that 5 ml = 1 capful and thats good for like 50 gallons right? Do you dose the 4 mL in your 20 long? I am currently doing .2 mL because my tank is 5.5 gal. If I went by the bottle then .5 would be the correct dosage but I cut that in half.

Yes, I dose 1/2 to 3/4 capful daily. When I said 4ml that was just a rough estimate. I know that you have to be very precise when dosing many things (I did the vodka thing for a while), but others seem to be much more forgiving. This being one of them. I may be overdosing a little but it hasn't caused any problems.

Archived