Innovative Marine Aquariums

Salifert Mg Kit?

PodRod

I'm having a booger of a time finding a Salifert magnesium kit. I've just set up my new tank and can't/won't dose two-part until I can test for mg. Is there a shortage on the Salifert kits for some reason? Are there any other kits that are recommended?

I have one I could send you, slightly used with a good expiration date, for $15 shipped.

PM me if interested.

Thanks everyone! I normally use DFS or LFS and neither have them. My LFS told me he's had it on order for weeks. DFS has been backordered for months. I'll certainly take Weetie up on her offer and then switch to Elos or try another online vendor. I do wonder what's up with the backorder issues though...

Get yourself a hanna mag meter when they come out!

+1 lol. I cant wait till they come out...although im gonna wait for someone on the boards to buy one and see how accurate they are before I get one. :lol:

I hear elos tests are kinda annoying cause it takes alot of drops to get it to change.

I have an Elos Mg test kit, and yes it does take alot of drops, 32-35 to be exact. The only thing I hate about the Elos test kits are sometimes the drops cut off halfway (guess due to air) and you have to restart! :rant:

+1 lol. I cant wait till they come out...although im gonna wait for someone on the boards to buy one and see how accurate they are before I get one. :lol:

I'm with you. I will wait for someone to provide input as to the accuracy. If it really works, then I'll definitely purchase one!

Archived