ReefCleaners.org

Did you feed your Shrimp today?

WillyWonka

hey i have a skunky cleaner shrimp thats been in my tank for about a week. he found a host and spends the whole day sunbathing in my abnormally large yellow leather. i havent fed him anything because i heard they get their food off live. do i feed him if what and how often?

I feed mine every few days.

I have seen him eat baby bristle worms and catch large pods so mine is getting plenty of food. I still give him a bit of food every 3-4 days.

It is always good to give your shrimp extra food. It doesn't hurt, so you might as well. I just use shrimp pellets, and my peppermints absolutely love it... They will eat out of my hand... Pretty kewl,

gaber

they will eat watever you feed to your corals or fish...i feed my fish 2 times a day, morning and night..my 3 cleaners would be waiting along with the fish as i stand close to the tank..its so cool..they will also eat food off my hands...and my clowns too! i have 2 True Perc and 1 Clarkii...all three of them will just pick on the food off my hands....

NaNO ReeFiN

My shrimps will eat whenever I feed my fish which is once every morning. I feed them flakes and pellets both made by I think Nutrimax... :woot: <~~ That's a funny ass smilie.

NaNO ReeFiN; that is a funny ass smile :)

Anyway, my shrimp does also eat food from the clowns. I feed them Hikari Marine-S pellets and she will even swim upside down across the water just below the surface eating the pellets.

Looks very funny.

Archived