Top Shelf Aquatics

I have an idea too...

TroyT

I see a lot people starting 10g AGA's. Well I have been planning for several months, doing research, reading up on the hobby I once left, trying to catch up with all the newer technolgy. Well, here is my 10g idea:

10g AGA

Coralife 96w 50/50 that fits the tank with stilts.

refugium made by the guy on this board w/lighting system.

two minijets for current (switched to change pattern)

min 10 to 15lbs of LR (maybe some in refugium)

10lbs of LS (miracle mud for refugium)

50w heater inside the refugium (output side)

I would like to have one clown with anemone and soft corals. Any ideas or am I way off track with my selections? Thanks for the input.

Sounds good to me. However I would definately not plan to add an anemone for quite some time. They really do require pristine water conditions.

The lighting will be sufficient for soft corals and some easy sps like montipora digitata.

Sounds good. Probably want to wait several months for the tank to mature and stabilize before adding that anenome. If you do get one, be sure to feed it! You'll need to do a lot of water changes to keep the water clean, because all that anenome poop will quickly foul it up. :x

Thanks for the great ideas and pointers. I think I found a nice stand for the tank at Lowe's. It is a microwave table/cabinet. It is a little pricey but I plan to have this the center of attention in my house. Still planning and once I start the project I will post some pictures.

Troy

Archived