Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Is this strong enuff light

simoncoul

I'm setting up a 5g tank and I just want to have a hammer coral xenia, and some star polpys, with a occ. clown. Do u think A Coralife 10w 50/50 bulb will be ok and should I use 2 they are fairly cheap in compasion to other bulbs so what do u think?

Reefer_Buddha

10w is really not good at all. I would use at least a 28-30w 50/50 for a 5g you always want more as opposed to less light.

Originally posted by Reefer_Buddha

10w is really not good at all. I would use at least a 28-30w 50/50 for a 5g you always want more as opposed to less light.

Especially for a euphilia like a hammer. I had one under 32 watts and it was happy, but grew slowly. Under MH, they go nuts.

Provided the 2x14's are 6500 Kelvin or better you should be enough for softies. The best bet would be a 2x28/32 fixture that is 15" to go right over your tank. By the time you got done with the 2x14's and the 2x10's you are spending more than 50-60 bucks anyway. Why not spend 20 more aand have enough light to grow a vast array of corals?

No, but not because of the fixture, but because your link doesn't work. Just buy an Aromat ballast and an HQI socket, the rest is just finding a bulb, reflector, and some little odds and ends.

but still I don't know where I can get that stuff in canada all the sites u guys talk about are us and don't ship here. Do any like hard where stores have those and what are the specifics of the ballast or could I just say I need an aromat ballast and they'll know what I mean

Archived