Top Shelf Aquatics

Mushroom Trouble!!!!!

jay2k2

ok my mushroom was fully spread open on all sides but one. it turns out the mushrooom was caught beetween 2 rocks. so i removed the mushroom off the rock and back to another one. scince then it has closed and shrivelled up and won't conncet itself to anything. the two far sides are touching so you can't see the middle. i am getting worried. so i did a water change. and i am still awaiting too see what happens. i also picked it up because it wasn't attaching itself to the rock and tried to pry the 2 sides apart and i got brown slimy stuff on my fingers.

any suggestions, and comments would be helpful!

yepp keep them fingers outta the tank and let it attach where it wants to. The brown stuff was prolly zooanthelle being released cuz it was stressed out!

let it alone and he should come back, prolly not where you would like him to be but oh well.......

HTH,

Toy

Yup I agree, too much handling causes them to stress and die--happened to me.

One large beautiful mushroom wouldnt attach, and I tried to place it on various places...didnt work.

How long have you been giving this shroom to attach? It is always better to let them move theirselfs. Shrooms are probably the most hardy coral, if you are having problems with them, a water change probably wont magically fix the problem. Let it do its own thing, as the others have eluded to, the worst thing that you could do is interfere with it.

gaber

p.s. leet reefer eh?

you can cut them in half, squeez them, poke at them, punch them and they will grow back! like one of my neon green frilly shroom...i have squashed that thing in a small hole on my LR and now he is happy and fully extended...

It might not be dead yet. If it starts to melt, then it gone, else it may just come back. One of my green mushrooms I thought was a gonner, but after a few days it opened up properly, now its fine.

Just give it time, maybe it'll be alright.

Archived