Top Shelf Aquatics

not enough pressure- no no ?

JakeF150

hi

I finally got pressure and TDS digital meter reader from BSR.

I hook it up to my 4 stage eco RO/DI and pressure reads at 35 psi, and TDS read in .86 and out 0.0

Is that okay due to little low pressure ??

Thanks!

Jake

Your out .. after all filtering is zero your fine.. low pressure or not its taking everything out.

AZDesertRat

Inline TDS meters do not read in decimals so your tap water or RO only TDS is 86, depending on where you placed the IN probe. For an RO/DI system the IN probe should be after the RO membrane and before the DI filter and the OUT probe after the DI or the final RO/DI water.

Knowing your tap water TDS is god but not really beneficial. You do want to know how well your RO membrane is doing though so place the IN probe after the RO.

Your pressure is low, 40 is the bare minimum. Do you have a hose bib type pressure gauge you can place on your incoming water line to see if 35 is what you really have? Something else you can try temporarily is pinch the waste line closed or retstrict it for a minute to see if the pressure rises. Its possible your waste ratio is too high and you are sending too much down the drain. This reduces the pressure available to the membrane and is common on many systems with fixed type flow restrictors. I always use a capillary tube flow restrictor so I can set my waste ratio at exactly 4:1 for best flushing and performance.

Any RO/DI should produce 0 TDS treated water, at least for a little bit. Monitor your RO and RO/DI TDS andchange the DI cartridge or resin when you first start to see anything other than 0 on a consistent basis. The membrane gets changed when it is no longer in the 95% or so rejection rate range.

Archived