Innovative Marine Aquariums

clean up crew for 20 long

AquaJamieB

....tomorrow I am going to That Fish Place to pick up my clean up crew for the 20 long. I am going mainly for blue leg hermits and a few snails. What else should I look for? And how many of each should I get?

get a variety of snails

Cerith-Nass-Bummble Bee-Margarita

And a sally Litefoot

And a emerald

and a couple blues

IMO snails are a better cleaner than crabs

Wow another reefer who shops there, I was just there today. They are still doing fish room refit so there is not much there. I'd get some of their "turbo graizers" which are mexican turbos for $1.99. You can find them on the bottom tank to the left right inside the coral room doors. Get an emerald and some blue hermits. I'm staying away from the hermits because only 2 survived the great shell wars of 2003, even though there were plenty of extra ones.

Pretty sure they don't have any cerith, nass, or sally crabs. They do have bumble bee snails and some small mararitas. Goodluck in there, I usualy plan to go in for 1 or 2 things and come out an hour or so later :).

I recently added a fighting conch to my cleanup crew the other day, and so far I think he's probably the best addition I've made to the tank's cleanup crew. :happy:

They are beautiful creatures and are interesting to watch. (Well, in all fairness, I also think it's cool to stare at pieces of rock submerged in saltwater in the dark with a flashlight. :nerd: Most people on this forum know what I'm talking about, but if I said that to a "normal" person they'd think I was crazy! 8)

Oh, and did I mention he actually earns his title as a cleanup critter? Unlike my lazy hermits and reclusive crabs, this guy is always busy working. He's constantly scouring the sand bed and LR for detritus, cyano, and other goodies he very well deserves! :love:

Awesome addition to my tank, the only downfall I've heard about them is they can get big. I don't really see this as a downfall though, because I know I'll have another good excuse to go back to my LFS when he starts to outgrow the tank so I can take him back, thank him profusely for his services, and promptly get another small one! :P

Archived