Top Shelf Aquatics

Is this ok?

jeirdo

It should be fine to mix PhosBan and Carbon in the same media bag...right? Thanks!

Maybe not...does anyone do this?

bananahands

I'm pretty sure its a bad idea. I may be wrong but I believe the carbon would be saturated far before the phosban. So you'd either end up wasting phosban when you change it out or have carbon in there past the point of effectivness.

I'm pretty sure its a bad idea. I may be wrong but I believe the carbon would be saturated far before the phosban. So you'd either end up wasting phosban when you change it out or have carbon in there past the point of effectivness.

Yeah, I thought about that. I am only adding a few teaspoons of Phosban at a time. Thanks for the response!

danthenewreefman
Yeah, I thought about that. I am only adding a few teaspoons of Phosban at a time. Thanks for the response!

how are you getting phosphates in the tank is the bigger question? Treat the main problem with more frequent water changes, and a better quality water source maybe?

Macro algae?

how are you getting phosphates in the tank is the bigger question? Treat the main problem with more frequent water changes, and a better quality water source maybe?

Macro algae?

My phosphates are low, but I think one of my rocks is leaching phosphates. It grows hair algae like mad. I bought it when I first set my tank up because it had some nice button polyps...didn't realize until later that the guy had used it in his fuge....where I think it got saturated by phosphates.

I just added some chaeto to my display (Biocube 29).

Archived