Pod Your Reef

Heater Question

blackrsx

Hi,

I've been browsing the boards for quite a while now, but I have just recently registered. I have the JBJ nano-cube (yes I know it's not the best thing to work with, but at college it's the most convenient). I have a question regarding the heater placement in it. I will label the compartments from left (the foam one) to right (powerhead one). I currently have a 50w heater in the leftmost one, LR and caulerpa in the one following, and I haven't touched the next two (though I plan on pulling out the bioballs). I want to add Purigen and Chemi-Pure when I get livestock. I guess my question is: does it matter if the heater is in the leftmost or rightmost compartment. I ask because I've never seen a definitive answer on the forums. My LFS told me not to stick it in the back because of potential melting, but I have seen so many users on the boards with it on the back I figured it was not an issue.

Before all the use the search feature posts come up I'd like to say that I have, and have learned a lot from the website. I can sympathize with those of you that get agitated at the amount of questions that have been answered already. I am a moderator on a Car enthusiasts forum, I deal with it daily.

Thank you for your patience,

Javier

Archived