inTank Media Baskets

Frizz's 50Breeder

matt frizz

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here are some of my plans that I will be carrying out soon.

1. Re-do my rockscape on tuesday (this gives me an opportunity to snag the YWG and get him out of the tank for good)

2. Grab YWG and Bangai Cardinal and take to the LFS for some store credit

Here's the tough part, do I buy a new fish? Or, do I trade my fish for a Bubble Tip nem for my clowns to host on and hopefully limit their aggression towards the blue tang? They seriously are nipping him hard and all he wants to do is hang w/ them. (Cardinal is also suspected of nipping which is why he's getting the boot)

Here's what I want my final stock list to look like right now.

The two clowns I currently have (hosting an anemone)

Blue Tang (hopefully won't be bothered as much by the clowns)

Mystery Wrasse/Labout's Fairy wrasse (I've always wanted a super colorful wrasse and these two are the best)

Blue-Spotted Jawfish (to replace the YWG and hopefully take his cove over)

ORA Spotted Mandarin (I dosed the tank w/ 1000 copepods/amphipods two weeks ago and I'm going to give them a couple months to populate or possibly even longer before pulling the trigger on this one)

Midas Blenny (always loved these guys)

danthenewreefman

You my man have a nice tank.

i love the color of the 14k -purple+/blue+ combo

I like it, I like it a lot!

If you're ever interested in trading, lemme know, I want a peice of that euphyllia. I have alota hammer I could throw at you... along with a few others...

You my man have a nice tank.

i love the color of the 14k -purple+/blue+ combo

I like it, I like it a lot!

If you're ever interested in trading, lemme know, I want a peice of that euphyllia. I have alota hammer I could throw at you... along with a few others...

Thanks for the kind words dan. I'm actually considering fragging that torch soon and would most likely love a hammer piece as a trade. How many heads were you looking for out of curiousity so I can see if there's a good branch for fragging. I've had this thing for over a year and a half and it grows like CRAZY. As soon as I switched to MH i realized that I'd have to frag it soon.

Re-did the rock scape last night. It looks great so I'll post up some pics later. I didn't attempt to remove the goby or the cardinal because i didn't want to pull up the rock he lives under. Now I gotta find a new way to remove him.

Also, my MH ballast for my brand new lights is broken after three days of owning it. Not too pleased w/ oddysea, if they don't right this wrong soon I'll let the whole forum know of their faulty ballasts.

So I bought a BTA the other day for my clowns to live in and I removed the Cardinal fish to make some room for new fish. I'm still trying to get the YWG out but that's going to take some thinking.

Next up, some berghia Nudis to take care of the spots of tiny aiptasia I found on some zoanthid colonies.

This anemone is doing GREAT so far. I'll post up some pics soon. The clowns have some black spots on their bodies so keep your fingers crossed. I'm hoping the start hosting soon. They also seem to be getting along much better w/ the tang now. I just hope the tang won't turn on any other fish I add.

Here is the list that I'm trying to get for fish:

Labout's Fairy Wrasse (such a pretty fish)

Blue Spotted Jawfish (to replace the goby)

Midas Blenny (always had a soft spot for these guys)

Spotted/Green Mandarin (if i can get a large enough pod population and obtain an ORA one)

Bought an ATO from another member and it's gonna be here on Wednesday/Thursday. I cannot wait to have stable water level in my sump! My skimmer will probably work 100% more effectively. I also set up a DIY Fuge in my sump using a net breeder from Petco. I'll post pics when I pick up some chaeto.

On a sad/expensive note, I cannot locate my harlequins. I've only seen one of them for the past 3-4 days, I'm hoping that they are molting. I'm gonna setup some chocolate chip starfish in the fuge I made and cut off their legs one at a time to feed them from now on. I really don't want to lose these cool guys and they were over 70$ so I'll be upset if they're gone for good.

Clowns still aren't hosting the BTA so I threw up some pictures of clowns hosting anemones hoping that they will take the suggestion.

Dosed for Calcium/Magnesium/Alk today. Hoping to keep these levels stable when I get the ATO by dosing the 5 gallon bucket of RO/DI w/ my supplements.

Set up my fuge today, bought a Midas Blenny and a Pink Montipora Capricormus frag. I'll throw up some new pics later tonight.

100_2284.jpg

100_2283.jpg

100_2282.jpg

Feather Duster:

100_2281.jpg

Acan Love:

100_2279.jpg

Pink Montipora Capricormus:

100_2278.jpg

BTA (can't tell from pic but it's green w/ white marbling. Looks like camo):

100_2277.jpg

Midas Blenny (my clowns will not stop F****** with him!)

100_2275.jpg

Harlequins in their cove and some pics of their food!:

100_2287.jpg

...waiting to donate a leg

100_2271.jpg

...this guy already donated one!

100_2274.jpg

Finally balanced out my Mg levels today. I had to dose 500ml of magnesium!!!! Brought it from 1100ppm to around 1360ppm. 26ppm/ml/gallon, 10ml for every gallon to raise it 260ppm/gal, so therefore 100 capfuls to raise 50 gallons. 50x100ml =500ml. Luckily the bottle was exactly 500 and it was only $13.99 at the LFS.

While I was there I also picked up aiptasia x because I found a huge colony of extremely tiny anemones and a rock with 4 orange/blue/green rics (one is a baby and one of the larger ones is splitting) for only $19.99. These are legit ricordeas too, either there was a 50% off sale or the guy hooked me up big time. I also scored another Montipora Capricormus but this one is green and quite a bit larger than the pink one I bought. This was (again either on sale or I got hooked up) $9.99. The sign said $39.99 for the rics and $19.99 for the monti cap.

Anyways, good day for me. I'm in the process of trying to get the tang out of the tank to replace it w/ a more peaceful/smaller Convict tang. I'm getting creative w/ fish traps but they all fail.

Couple updates. Found out that my RO/DI is definitely in need of filter changes so I ordered the full replacement from BRS. I also ordered the mag rock and 3 frag mags from aqua-mags.com. I'm gonna redo the scape on the left side to make an island that reveals the mag rock on the wall behind it.

I bought a nice sized colony of some "Grade A" Acans for $45. They are green and purple very nice addition to my collection. I was also inspired to create a eggcrate nest that lays in the sand and I put my acans on top of it. This should stop the sand from messing with them too hard (I have high flow) and also keep them grouped together nicely since they can't be moved by the current. I'm hoping this improves growth and, because I lowered them in the tank, color.

My skimmer is running great now that I got the ATO and my Mg levels up to par and made a starfish proof intake. I'm plan on coming up w/ a more permanent solution because this is creating air pockets and affecting the water level on the skimmer though.

Blenny is doing great, he swims around freely now un-harassed. Goby still sucks and the tang is still getting evicted soon.

Changed my RO/DI filters and did a 10 gallon water change today. I got 10 gallons mixing now for another WC. I can't wait to get these faaking phosphates down and hair algae/cyano gone. Remember to change your filters!!!!!

I got my rock mag in and I re-did the scape. I got it perfect this time. I also picked up a new frag of some zoas, been trying to get more zoas lately. I'll upload some pics after the tank doesn't look like crap from the cyano/hair algae.

Did another 10 gallon change today and I'm mixing 10 more for tomorrow. First day of the blackout was today I'm only having the lights on for 2 hours tomorrow and doing another 10 gallon change.

I'm going to beat this ####.

Tanks looking amazing Matt, I really like all the acans. Scape looks great too. I have been messing with my scape also. What a pain.

Tanks looking amazing Matt, I really like all the acans. Scape looks great too. I have been messing with my scape also. What a pain.

Seriously, takes forever to get something you like. Good luck on yours.

Looks good, love the acans as well. Its making me wanna go buy some for my tank now!

Your telling me man. Everytime I come across a nice frag for a good price i have to buy it.

My clowns are finally hosting the anemone but only at night right now. The little one loves it, he's all over the thing. The anemone decided to move right to where they sleep. Took them like a day to start sleeping in it.

Archived