Cultivated Reef

brown things all over tank

vanessa

anyone have an idea what these things are? I don't know if you can tell from the picture but they are small translucent brown little tags that stick all over my glass and LR, etc. If you look close there is a small red circle at the base where they are attached to the glass. What is it and how do I get rid of them? Sometimes they get so numerous they cover the entire LR! Is it something I should be worried about or is it ok?

Looks like a flatworm infestation. Do a search, someone had some better pictures in an older post. If they look the same Flatworm X-it works well to get rid of them, just be sure to follow instructions on the bottle completely. When they die they release toxins that can wipe out your tank.

Just go to the LFS and buy a velvet nudibranch. They are black with flourescent blue racing stripes. They exist solely to eat flatworms from our tanks.

I loved my nudie, I had one for two days and then, gone like Kaiser Soze. Of corse I din't have flat worms at the time, just a love of black and blue slugs. oops. now i have flat worms (on purpose) in my 55 gallon. and i think i shall get another one soon.

Archived