Coral Vue Hydros

babies galore

phishhead

I was shocked when i looked into my tank about 10 mins ago and saw hundreds of little peppermint shrimp babies. My clown and watchman feasted for about 5 mins. and now it looks like most have been eaten but i still see some drifting around in my tank and fuge. Can anyone give me an thumbs up on this. I've never encountered babies in my tanks.... I knew i should have only gotten one shrimp instead of two X) oh well, james

Same thing happened with my skunk cleaner some time ago. Funny thing is, even since then all I've had in my tank is my cleaning crew, and i've yet to see any of his "fry" anywhere....

Almost kinda sad how helpless they look flailing in your tank as they hopelessly drift around in the current...

Are you sure you weren't looking at amphipods?

Well, maybe one or two survived and found a nook to hide in! Otherwise, if you have a sump or fuge, maybe you can save a few!

V

I am fairly certain they were peppermint shrimp b/c they had split tails and kicked like a shrimp but i'm not 100%. oh well they're all gone now. later, James

Same thing just happened to me today. I have (had) hundreds of baby Peppermint Shrimp. These shrimp are small. My clownfish love them; it’s been awhile since I’ve given them live food (I don’t like feeding the half dead, stinky Brine Shrimp from my LFS).

*** Edit ***

From what I can see, they're all gone this morning.

Archived