Top Shelf Aquatics

BSR 4 stage - 3 gal in 1hr and 15min- good ?

JakeF150

I got Bulk supply Reef 4 stage eco.its very nice unit!

Ok,..I flushed 4 stages water out an hour then start to fill up water... I dont have pressure gauge (before i put hose in nozzle i test to "feel" pressure with full blast cold water its pretty good pressure by my judgment ..

so far its 3 gallons in approx an1 hour and 15min

Is that good ??

I read BSR instruction it said 3.26 gallons in an hr.. so its pretty close..

I m using bathroom water sink faucet with adapter that BSR supplied.

I think i ll order pressure gauage and digtial meter TDS soon.

Thanks!

Jake

disaster999

its really hard to judge if your unit is running fast or slow. lots of factors needs to be considered. how hard your water is, pressure, temperature etc...

but 3 gals in around an hour sounds about right.

AZDesertRat

At 50 psi and 77 degree water temp it should produce right at 3 GPH. You will want to cehck your waste ratio to ensure it at 4:1 waste to good, this is often overlooked and can have a big effect on both GPD output and RO membrane life.

I dont think its 77 degree... i think little more cold cuz i only used full blast COLD water by sink..

I could see waste line drain fast than other like 4:1

Thanks!

Jake

AZDesertRat

We rarely have 77 degree water but pressure overcomes that problem. Don't try to blend hot and cold to get 77 degrees, thats the easiest way to ruin a membrane there is.

Use a measuring cup and clock or watch and time the flows from the good and waste. It should be 4:1. If its much more or less you need either an adjsutable flow restrictor or a capillary tube type restrictor ($5) that can be trimmed for an exact 4:1. Most vendors still used fixed restrictors and we all know everyones conditions are not the same. Wish they would all switch to the capillary tube. its cheap and easy to get exactly right so you don't either waste too much water or clog the membrane with too little waste flow.

Wasting too much also reduces GPD output and water quality too since higher pressure equals better treatment (lower TDS).

If you had purchased the CSP-DI you would already have the capillary tube flow restrictor, TDS meter and pressure gauge.

Archived